Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

Varik wrote: »
    So just on bringing stuff into the MCU
    Anyone think that Coulson being an LMD other than a way to keep Gregg around is going to be used to bring him back to MCU, if he's a LDM they can fudge the continuity a bit

Also got the Loki show, that would have kicked off right after Coulsons death so they could have that as part of the same universe.

Whole thing is a bit of a mess, they jump into and out of continuity or at least the pretence of it.

Man, having
    Coulson face off with Loki one more time
    would be awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Coulson knows he is a LMD that's not always the case for characters he is also not back in the place of the real Coulson Mack is still head of SHIELD Coulson is an AI guide to spot anomalies or patterns spliced with the chronochom tech he's there to see what the agents can't I don't see him or specifically this version of him popping up in other shows or movies as the characters going forwards largely weren't in Avengers Assembled.

I've missed the last season of the show that was an easy episode to catch up to speed. It was always what I loved about this show so easy to jump straight back into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I've missed the last season of the show that was an easy episode to catch up to speed. It was always what I loved about this show so easy to jump straight back into.

Recap of the last 6 seasons, could just skip to the part on season 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Coulson knows he is a LMD that's not always the case for characters he is also not back in the place of the real Coulson Mack is still head of SHIELD Coulson is an AI guide to spot anomalies or patterns spliced with the chronochom tech he's there to see what the agents can't I don't see him or specifically this version of him popping up in other shows or movies as the characters going forwards largely weren't in Avengers Assembled.

What I mean is they don't need to split hairs.
    TV Coulson is dead, MCU Coulson is dead, and if they had a LMD Coulson in the MCU they don't need to focus on the specifics. They don't need to acknowledge agents or dismiss it so no confusing movie only watchers.

Excluding any alternate universe Loki stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Am I the only one that thinks we just need to let it be?
    It’s been an awesome show since day 1 and got even better once the writers were let off the leash.
    I for one would be happy to see it go out with a bang rather than go the way of Supernatural which is now on beating GoT for worst ending season ever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Really liked the episode, no f*£!ING around on things that could be half a season themselves. It's too early.to say but this could be a good final season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6.13: Wow! What an ending
    and a cliffhanger!
    Good episode that looks like it had a good chunk of budget sunk into it.

Real feels
    moment when May came through the portal and took out Izel. Definitely something about Ming-Na Wen that I've attached to.

7.1: Cool idea. Feels like the season will be able to stay wrapped into
    the AOS miniverse by just keeping it to Hydra/Chronicons.

The last two episodes and
    Agent May has me remembering her nickname, The Cavalry,
    a good bit :)

AOS Instagram advertised an interview with Chloe Bennet on the D23 podcast, beware though it's spoiler heavy for the rest of the season, I regret now listening to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OK excellent so that was a mini prequel to the First Avenger and I wonder what then next episode will be a prequel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ugh if you are going to wink with the MARVEL name do it once not twice within minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe they move forward to Peggy Carter.

As for this episode
    Poor Enoch always having to take the long way when others time travel/sleep.

Though looks like it was all a predestination paradox.

I guess Enoch will meet up with them again

Strong episode 2. Shaping up to be as good as Season 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭pah

Quick Post here, not reading these S7 posts as I'm going to watch them all together.

Rewatching from the start with the OH and 2 eldest kids 16 & 12. Just finished the spies goodbye S3:E13

Right
    In
    The
    Feels

AGAIN

Good episode, not a spoiler, well sort of, but particularly liked the
    sliders sort of feel, it could work well if the writers are on form. Could be a lazy tension builder as well though.
    . This is definetly a spoiler:
    A bit annoying that Simmons never mentioned it before, that bit bugged me as lazy writing, what if it kicked in and they couldn't get to the others.

Quantum Leap feel in they don't know where they're going next, with a whiff of Futurama leaving Enoch behind as he's still gonna be alive and exactly the same when they pick him up in the future

Quantum Leap feel in they don't know where they're going next, with a whiff of Futurama leaving Enoch behind as he's still gonna be alive and exactly the same when they pick him up in the future

That's the show I was trying to think of.

Wow with what is going on in the world today they hit a few moments this week when it comes to race.

Also bastards with the Peggy tease.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow with what is going on in the world today they hit a few moments this week when it comes to race.

Also bastards with the Peggy tease.

In fairness every US TV show that does time travel goes through the "we were bad to the coloured people/women" premesis, they never shy away from it, Timeless used to give a few minutes to the topic in almost every episode.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    In fairness every US TV show that does time travel goes through the "we were bad to the coloured people/women" premesis, they never shy away from it, Timeless used to give a few minutes to the topic in almost every episode.

Most of them weren’t going through worldwide protests on race and as we have shows and movies are being pulled/cancelled and AOS is Disney the ultimate company that blinks first when it comes to anything controversial.

And AOS has always done a good job when it comes to race which follows on from what it’s original source material comics have always done and been to the forefront of.

In catch-up.

7.2: Good episode. Does feel a bit like it could be going the
    Quantum Leap style jumping around in time. Something strange about Yo-Yos not using her power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Boo! I wanted the real Peggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Any sign of the return for channel 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 2 and feels like the show has found a little bit more of a swagger in its swan-song. The historical setting (or
    multiple, going by the trailers for Episode 3
    ) have given a much breezier feel to things than the last 2 seasons.

Speculation on the ending: the first episode
    emphasised this idea of "Ripples not waves" for time travel, hinting that some general nudges here and there were allowable. Feels like maybe, maybe they're going to allow the possibility of May & Coulson having a less tragic ending than one involving the latter dying at the end of Season 5.
    Or would that completely break events, I can't recall how immovable that event was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

cena wrote: »
    Any sign of the return for channel 4

I heard it'll take Batwomans slot once that series finishes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

flazio wrote: »
    I heard it'll take Batwomans slot once that series finishes up.

I thought it would go to disney plus

That was a great Noir episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

That was a fun episode. But the lack of Fitz in this season so far is a bit shít. Very little for Daisy to do too.

I love Agents of Shield. I’m sad it’s coming to an end but I think if it goes out on a high it’s highly recommendable to people who never gave it a chance.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Episode 2 and feels like the show has found a little bit more of a swagger in its swan-song. The historical setting (or
    multiple, going by the trailers for Episode 3
    ) have given a much breezier feel to things than the last 2 seasons.

Speculation on the ending: the first episode
    emphasised this idea of "Ripples not waves" for time travel, hinting that some general nudges here and there were allowable. Feels like maybe, maybe they're going to allow the possibility of May & Coulson having a less tragic ending than one involving the latter dying at the end of Season 5.
    Or would that completely break events, I can't recall how immovable that event was...

Quite possible,
    Coulson would be an integral part of SHIELD, so maybe it will turn out he knew it was coming all along, and the swapped him out at a key point.
    Also, for May
    was that a panic attack?

And Yoyo
    she can still judge time at super fast speed when she kicks in, she just can't react, trying to figure that one out

Advertisement