Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Really sorry,accidentally used the quote button rather than spoiler, hopefully it wasn't to spoilery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Enjoyed that could have watched a double of that no problems.

Nice twist with the character grab and poor Enoch again

Loving the season so far, but (and this isnt spoilers but it could feel like to is).
    Are they trying to tie off a perfect timeline whereby if they hadn't went back, time would.not have occurred the correct way. For example, without Enoch, not a hope SHIELD was formed. Would that DOD guy have had the same, apparent hallucination if they weren't there. And so on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Was still in catch-up and this was a nice 2 parter to get into!

3 and 4: It was cool to see
    the development of Shield coming along. I felt apprehensive that they might actually kill off Sousa. Glad they didn't. Enver Gjokaj added alot to Dollhouse and Agent Carter. Should be a good fit here.

Also liked the call back to
    May being the Cavalry
    :)
    This is some kind of empath power she's developing maybe?

Oh and the Black and White was just right!
    I really liked the May bringing colour to Coulsons life touch
    :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 4 and poor Enoch, he gets no love. Really stylish episode otherwise, with a decent gimmick and things ticking along very nicely. All feels like a fun victory lap. So much fun in fact I've often forgotten to wonder where Fitz has got to ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How was the woman able to try and flirt with Souza? I thought Chronicoms couldn't portray the necessary traits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How was the woman able to try and flirt with Souza? I thought Chronicoms couldn't portray the necessary traits.

She wasn't one ; she was Hydra
    the Chronicon only tipped off Hydra that Sousa was on the train, the latter did the actual job. That's why the heroes were able to so easily fight them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The opening credits 70's style were great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

The opening credits 70's style were great :)

It was!
    My other thoughts:
    Fitz should just show up already! Was that him in the photo that the Chronicom's gave Mallick?
    Also, Sousa getting on Simmons's back about not knowing what was going on with the jumps felt a bit much for someone who has just joined the gang and the decade. Good performances though.
    Macks Parents? Didn't see that coming.
    Lot's of connections to previous seasons and Winter Soldier too were cool.Full steam ahead with Season 7 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Len_007 wrote: »
    It was!
    My other thoughts:
    Fitz should just show up already! Was that him in the photo that the Chronicom's gave Mallick? - No it was Mack's parents.
    Also, Sousa getting on Simmons's back about not knowing what was going on with the jumps felt a bit much for someone who has just joined the gang and the decade. Good performances though. - Remember he's been there since the start of Shield and is a high ranking officer within it. He's perfectly entitled to since we know Simmon's is off whatever is going on with her.
    Macks Parents? Didn't see that coming.
    Lot's of connections to previous seasons and Winter Soldier too were cool.Full steam ahead with Season 7 so far.

updated in the spoilers.

• Advertisement

Barely notice the time going on these episodes.
    Just watching and enjoying them then the SHIELD logo shows up making me realise it's nearly over.
    I guess Coulson failed if they're still jumping through time?

The 1973 TV credits for episode 5 was a delight, especially Dekes spin around and shít eating grin. Reminded of season 5 from the A Team growing up (with the "new cast member" add on)

The return of those bloody grey corridors of the Lighthouse was a bit of a trout in the milk though :)

God I loved this weeks episode.

I love the 80's

Depressed Mack isn't fun but that Beard :)

The Mack Daddy....No :)

Evil Johnny 5/Centurion is alive and making more 80's robots :)

Don't you forget about Deke :)

The Deke squad :)

Phil Headroom :)

Exterminate :)

Power hand grip :)

80's slow-mo get ready for a fight Shotgun Axe montage :)

Arnie and Sly puns galore :)

So many easter eggs :)

I knew Simple Minds stole that song!

Episode 7 was fun with all the "spot the reference" moments throughout, though quite the tonal whiplash given where episode 6 finished up. Then there's the now mandatory grumble about that bloody Lighthouse set, once more centre to the action. And at this stage methinks we'll get, at most, a cameo from Fitz at the end and no more (he's probably in the Lighthouse too lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well that was a god damn awesome episode this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Will Disney plus be showing it at any stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

kerplun k wrote: »
    Will Disney plus be showing it at any stage?

No word yet. Amazon Prime have 6 seasons on their service while D+ only have 5 so it might go there first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They're definitely trying to go out with a bang anyway. All episodes so far this season have been fun and delving deep into the history of the show and in a way the MCU as a whole, but they're still packing in some great character moments throughout. My only complaint is Fitz being completely sidelined, as he's been kinda pushed to the side the last few seasons (being frozen in space for the first few episodes of both Season 5, and again in Season 6), and now no sign of him at all. Would love to see more of him and Enoch together. Deke has really stepped up too in fairness, and Sousa is a great character from Agent Carter, really interested to see what happens him.

This episode just reminds me of when AoS really started to shine. Although the Hydra twist in Season 1 saved that season, I think once they started going with the Inhumans they really stepped out of the shadow of the films and became its own thing.

• Advertisement

So a query about the jumping through time thing (which is spoilery if you haven't seen the episodes).
    They were following in the wake of the Chromicons ship, hence they didn't know when they would get going. The Chromicons presumably jump to key points in the timeline ot unravel them, something they figured fairly quick they didn't have to do by leaving someone there to doleg work in the background. Finally, the ship was destroyed by Coulson, so who are they following now or what is happening? I have missed something obvous but I don't have time to rewatch it at the minute.

Also I liked that it was semi flashback so they could get away with all the refrences and put it down to the interpretation of the storyteller, as it would have irked me otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CramCycle wrote: »
    So a query about the jumping through time thing (which is spoilery if you haven't seen the episodes).
    They were following in the wake of the Chromicons ship, hence they didn't know when they would get going. The Chromicons presumably jump to key points in the timeline ot unravel them, something they figured fairly quick they didn't have to do by leaving someone there to doleg work in the background. Finally, the ship was destroyed by Coulson, so who are they following now or what is happening? I have missed something obvous but I don't have time to rewatch it at the minute.
    I think it's a combination of Cybil still messing with the timeline, the changes they themselves made to the timeline, and just something technical wrong with the time drive. Not entirely sure though

Edit: Actually a bit of googling suggests it's because the zephyr was hit with missiles when Mack called off the attack on the Project Insight base because he discovered his parents were in the base. So its likely the damage sustained then.

Is there a reason Iain De Caestecker isn't appearing this season, outside of the story reason? It's a shame since we've only 5 episodes left.
    It's the same for another final season that I'm watching
    The 100

Anyone else think there's something off about Simmons? Maybe she's missing Fitz and just weary of it all but there have been a few moments now of her talking to someone and as soon they leave her, her expression changes.

And speaking of Simmons, Elizabeth Henstridge is directing next week's episode.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is there a reason Iain De Caestecker isn't appearing this season, outside of the story reason? It's a shame since we've only 5 episodes left.
    Kinda like one of the main cast in the final season of The 100.

Anyone else think there's something off about Simmons? Maybe she's missing Fitz and just weary of it all but there have been a few moments now of her talking to someone and as soon they leave her, her expression changes.

And speaking of Simmons, Elizabeth Henstridge is directing next week's episode.

Seasons 6 & 7 were filmed back to back and I think contracts ran out after season 6 and it looked like season 6 was going to be the final season right up to the last moment if I remember right. It looks like he had already signed up for other gigs so that would be my guess.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

He had other filming commitments which clashed with them filming the beginning of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

glad thers only 13 episodes they couldn't keep up this pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

glad thers only 13 episodes they couldn't keep up this pace

I am sad there is only 13 and that we have only 5 left for ever

I am sad there is only 13 and that we have only 5 left for ever

I'd not be entirely surprised if some form of SHIELD returned in the future; Disney+ wouldn't be ignorant of the show's popularity, the group itself is a mainstay of the comicsverse. Not like the MCU isn't pliable enough the group couldn't return in a new, non Hydra infiltrated version. Maybe a cameo from one of the old crowd in an executive capacity (pending the finale's bodycount).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the more you hear about the workload for actors and staff a 22 ep order sounds inhuman.

Advertisement