If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema quote

Options
  • 29-08-2012 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

My friend is looking to upgrade his Home Cinema system so has asked me to get some info for him.
    He's talking about a Denon or Yamaha amp and a proper speaker set.
    Forget about the cheapest options, he's willing to pay to get it right! He wants to be blown away by this!
    At least 800 euro anyway!
    Delivery to Kerry to be included in the quotes please.

thanks as always for your time.

regards
    Denis1501.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

denis1501 wrote: »
    My friend is looking to upgrade his Home Cinema system so has asked me to get some info for him.
    He's talking about a Denon or Yamaha amp and a proper speaker set.
    Forget about the cheapest options, he's willing to pay to get it right! He wants to be blown away by this!
    At least 800 euro anyway!
    Delivery to Kerry to be included in the quotes please.

thanks as always for your time.

regards
    Denis1501.

Denis,

what a nice position to be in!

with around €800 - he really will get a decent AV set-up for that tidy sum!

If it was me at the moment I would go for either of the following:

Pioneer VSX922 AV Receiver
    showimage.php?image=309757.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

This is a cracking receiver with excellent audio quality, comprehensive networking and Airplay as standard - there are also great Apple and Andriod apps to allow complete control over most functions via your mobile or Apple/Android device.

I would add the Wharfedale DX1 5.1 HCP system in black to this - it works really well with the Pioneer - have a look at the review HERE

This system should retail at approx €1100 - I can do a Boardie price at just €869.99 (sorry I couldn't help slightly busting the budget)

Next option (keeping within budget) would be the Yamaha RXV473 AV receiver - again working with the Wharfedale DX1 package the total in sterling is £719.95 / €919.99 - Boardie deal is just €679.99 - leaving you lots of headroom to get decent speaker cables and interconnects.

Keep me posted if you would like some more suggestions - all that kit is available from stock and if you would like to order it we do next business day delivery ;)

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Hi John,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've reported back to the man himself and he's thinking these offers over.
    He'd also like to know if you would recommend any Denon amps as he's heard that they're good.
    Also what other set of speakers other than those mentioned previously would you recommend?

thanks again for your time,

regards,
    D.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

denis1501 wrote: »
    Hi John,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've reported back to the man himself and he's thinking these offers over.
    He'd also like to know if you would recommend any Denon amps as he's heard that they're good.
    Also what other set of speakers other than those mentioned previously would you recommend?

thanks again for your time,

regards,
    D.

Hi D.

You could also have a look at the Denon AVR1513 priced at £299.95 / 399.99 Euro along with the Wharfedale pack mentioned below.

There are very few 5.1 packs around this price without going up or down a price bracket.

There are the Tannoy HTS101 pack priced at £324.95 / 433.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/hts101/tann-hts101-blk

Also the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack (White Finish Only) price dat £479.95 which I could offer at £399.95
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/#/overview

Delivery on any system like this would cost just £12.99 / 17.50 Euro

I hope this helps, any further questions please ask.

Regards

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.