Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Not So) Free Meteor Texts

Options
  • 28-11-2004 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I topped up with 20 euro meteor credit about five days ago. They issued me with a text to say i got free texts for a month, about 2 days after topping up. I am still been charged for the texts to other 085's...

Is anyone else in this same sitch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Have you tried phoning them????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

yes.. about 8 times... no help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, what did you ask? what did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just because it's 085 doesn't necessarily mean it's a meteor number anymore, could be vodafone or O2. Have you checked with the person that you're texting?

no i know that the ppl i'm textin are on the 085 network!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

From the meteor info pack
    "to find out if the number you are calling is with meteor, just text the full number (include the 085, 086 or 087 prefix) to free text 50004."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

System went down on tues my 20 went in tue , charged for all texts till friday night when they gave me back my 20 + another 20 which was nice.

Couldnt get tru to them all week , she did and hence i kow system went down

kdjac

Well your lucky on that.. mine is still yet to be credited... and they are still nickin my mula!

Thats is irrelevent.. I am 100% certain that they are 085.

Thanks for the effort though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

I topped up by €20 wednesday, was still being charged for texts until friday when they topped me up by another €20 then took it off again, and the same happened today. But as far as I know I have free texts now...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Topped up Friday night, was being charged for 085 texts til Saturday night. Spent about €5 on texts in that time. Got the free texts message yesterday. Woke up this morning to find another free text message and all my credit back :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement