Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement for kinvara 2

Options
  • 29-08-2012 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭

I don't have them very long, but I really don't like them. The tongues stick into my ankles and the black rubber is almost gone after only about 150 miles in them. I also wear brook green silence, which are still going strong after 500 miles or so and which I really love. However, i don't think they have quite enough support and my feet get sore after about 15 miles.
    so i am looking for something to replace the kinvaras, similar drop, cushioning etc. , basically something for longer distances, up to and beyond marathon distance. For last years DCM i wore Nike Lunarglide 3, which were brilliant, but a bit too heavy and clunky.

I look forward to your suggestions
    Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I alternate kinvaras and Nike Lunarracers for long runs and Races (though I use the Lunarracers for short races too). I am veering towards the Lunarracers more than the kinvaras now. Definitely worth a try if you liked the glides. You could also try some of the adizeros as well. The hagios are particularly light.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Have you tried the Brooks ST5's?
    I discovered them a couple of months ago, they are certainly nice and light and I think (!) they have a similar profile to the Kinvaras, just with a little more support. You might want to get advice from others about wearing them for 26.2 miles and more. I ran the recent Kilomarathon and the Longford half in them and they were great. They are a really snug fit for me and are definitely my favourite shoe at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

The saucony grid type 5 maybe?

I have the hagios and i am not the biggest fan. I thought these were a direct swap for the adizero pro4 s but they really are not. As they dont make the pro's anymore ive been searching far and wide for a replacment.

wrstan wrote: »
    Have you tried the Brooks ST5's?
    I discovered them a couple of months ago, they are certainly nice and light and I think (!) they have a similar profile to the Kinvaras, just with a little more support. You might want to get advice from others about wearing them for 26.2 miles and more. I ran the recent Kilomarathon and the Longford half in them and they were great. They are a really snug fit for me and are definitely my favourite shoe at the moment.

ST5's have a 12 mm heel to toe Drop. Kinvaras have a 4mm Drop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have you tried pure connect? Find them quite similar to kinvaras, maybe not as cushiony - 4mm drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Thanks all, I'll check out all the suggestions.
    Anyone else having 'wear' issues with the kinvaras ?

Thanks all, I'll check out all the suggestions.
    Anyone else having 'wear' issues with the kinvaras ?

Yeah I go through them pretty quick.
    Mind you the two pairs I have went therough were both 1's. The 3's are meant to last a lot longer from what i have heard but I still have a pair of 2's to go through before I get a pair of 3's, by that stage hopefully they will have brought out 4's and I'll get the 3's on the cheap :p

Advertisement