Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question about S3

• 29-08-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I can get my hands on a mates Vodafone upgrade brand new in box that they dont want, I'm with Meteor and I've an S1 for must be the past 3 years now its the best phone Ive ever owned but its getting a bit rough around the edges and battery is nearly fecked in it so I'm due an upgrade, Ive always flashed it with the latest updated custom ROM, My question is if I buy this Vodafone upgrade off my mate is there a ROM available for the S3 for me to flash and unlock it and remove all the Voda logos etc, Does anyone know if Vodafone is physically on the cover also?

Thanks
    Jay,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

AE86JAY wrote: »
    I can get my hands on a mates Vodafone upgrade brand new in box that they dont want, I'm with Meteor and I've an S1 for must be the past 3 years now its the best phone Ive ever owned but its getting a bit rough around the edges and battery is nearly fecked in it so I'm due an upgrade, Ive always flashed it with the latest updated custom ROM, My question is if I buy this Vodafone upgrade off my mate is there a ROM available for the S3 for me to flash and unlock it and remove all the Voda logos etc, Does anyone know if Vodafone is physically on the cover also?

Thanks
    Jay,

Vodafone shouldn't be on the cover, they only do that with exclusive phones.
    The development community for the SG3 is quite active and i know there are tons of ROMS available.

I'm sure one ROM will have the stock android OS.

Most likely the phone will be locked to vodafone but i wouldn't have much experience in unlocking them as i only buy sim free phones

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭AE86JAY

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Vodafone shouldn't be on the cover, they only do that with exclusive phones.
    The development community for the SG3 is quite active and i know there are tons of ROMS available.

I'm sure one ROM will have the stock android OS.

Most likely the phone will be locked to vodafone but i wouldn't have much experience in unlocking them as i only buy sim free phones
    Will chagning the ROM not unlock it no? Sorry Im not much clued up on how exactly ROMs work and everything, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Once you root it unlocking it is simply a matter of downloading an app from the market. Also there's tons of roms, in fact, the top viewed threads at the moment on XDA seem to be related to the S3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

you can download the original ROM and that will remove all Vodafone bloatware.

in terms of unlocking, as mentioned there is three different way to unlock and can be found in the XDA forum.

believe me Galaxy S3 community rocks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I'm with Meteor and I've an S1 for must be the past 3 years now
    It's only out two years (and a month or two) :)

I went from an S1 -> S3. Highly recommended.

Cool ok thanks Im gonna go ahead and buy it so. cant wait!

Bluetonic wrote: »
    It's only out two years (and a month or two) :)

I went from an S1 -> S3. Highly recommended.
    Im not sure exactly but I got it when it came out first anyway.

Got my S3 yesterday!! with NAC code so atleast that,

It has some minor Vodafone bloatware, can someone point me in the right direction for the best ROM to remove all this, I'm a bit wary flashing a brand new phone so a step by step guide would be great too,

I used to just chance it with my S1 with the thinking if I brick it I brick it but I dont want to do that with my S3 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Got my S3 yesterday!! with NAC code so atleast that,

It has some minor Vodafone bloatware, can someone point me in the right direction for the best ROM to remove all this, I'm a bit wary flashing a brand new phone so a step by step guide would be great too,

I used to just chance it with my S1 with the thinking if I brick it I brick it but I dont want to do that with my S3 :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969

• Advertisement
Advertisement