Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are yours back yet?

Options
  • 29-08-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭

Both mine started back to school today, it's only a half day mind
    but will be in for full days Thursday and Friday.
    The house is so quiet, the routine went well this morning hopefully it will continue.

We've still some books to get and exam papers aren't out yet and we still have to cover books, but it's mostly done.
    Hows back to school going in your house?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

one back to school friday and one starting montessori monday cant wait just for routine again and peace, plus can spend morning with new baby alone :) will miss them im sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Back yesterday. She's in TY so they go in early. I felt very emotional seeing her in the new uniform. It makes me feel very old all of a sudden.

She started a new school this morning. Much bigger than her last school, she moved because there were only going to be 3 people in her class including her!

There was only about 30 people in her last school (plus the montessori classes which were busy enough). Now she has 21 in her class and the place was mad busy. She knows a few of the kids because she goes to summer camp there. She's been so excited and is real sociable little thing, gets very very shy but would never let it put her off doing anything. She wanted to go to bed as early as possible last night so today would come quicker.

New uniform on and ready to go, suddenly her tummy started to hurt - nerves had hit. Arrived at the school into the big assembly hall and there are people everywhere she couldn't find a face she knew and the hall is packed. She just burst into tears :( "I'm scared mum". It was one of the most traumatic experiences of our lives :( I'm worried sick about her now. Took ages to calm her. And she's in a full day! til 3pm!

I need a vodka :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not back until next Tuesday but my eldest is only starting primary school and the middle child is starting play school. Going to buy her uniform today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Eldest is back for 1st class on Monday whilst our youngest is starting playschool the same day.

Mammy can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Harley.

Mine is staring primary tomorow and cannot wait :D she's only in 10 till 12 for this week so probably wont even need to bring anything in I'm still not sure!!

All her books we're bought by teachers so still haven't seen anything and I was actually looking forward to getting book list but and doing it all for her!

It's all very exciting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

January wrote: »
    Not back until next Tuesday but my eldest is only starting primary school and the middle child is starting play school. Going to buy her uniform today :D

Aww,she has a unifrom and all <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Mine is back on Monday. Into 4th class. Still baffled as to how that happened! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Mine are back tomorrow and looking forward to seeing their friends again (4th/ 2nd class). Just a few more books to cover this evening and we're ready to go.
    I've had great fun with them this summer and will really miss their company :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My 2 are back Monday, 1st class and seniors, I have the books got and covered since June.

eldest started secondary yesterday, it went great, the leaving cert students have her down as the coolest first year ever, she is in their ' in crowd' , she made a great 1st impression by winning everything in Pe and the Pe teacher was very impressed with her. she is in the same class as 2 of her buddies from her old school, she got German instead of French and is delighted she didn't want French and she got her first choice for her extra subject technology. She had a mighty first day. Had to run to the book shop and pick up lots if stationery, 11 a5 writing pads hard back, a4 pads, sketch pad and pencils, pens, mathematical set and so on, book shop was manic.

Ebooks should be downloaded now, the schools doing it, she got her 2 lockers and her swipe card for clocking in.

my husbands work told him she can use their office to do her homework in, do she will have peace n quite to study, and he can bring her home when she finishes. It's. A 5 min walk from her school. His work is very family orientated.

All good so far.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Aww,she has a unifrom and all <3

Yeah! They just wear the school tracksuit and when I went to buy it today the smallest size was a size 3-4 year old... you could have fit 2 of her in it! They're ordering in some in a size 2-3 for her!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

oh the cuteness:)
    I do of course want photos:)

There will be lots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Eldest back since Monday ... No 2 back tomorrow so it'll be me and bub at home ... Might go out for a quiet cuppa!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Spent this evening going cross eyed covering books, and sorting out copies.
    Least they were tired and yawning at 9pm and happy to go to bed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Teachers were back today for Croke park hours, all kids back tomorrrow. Hope it stays dry, so they can get out at breaks!

After 3 months of "Do I have school today?"
    My 3 year old in finally back in Naionra \o/

Gods the quiet and the being able to do the floors with out anyone stepping on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The hell with the floors: kettle on, open book. It's your first week of peace after the summer holidays, you more than deserve some down-time!

With both mine being in secondary school, it's a longer day so plenty of time to sit and read later. but I have a heap of things I was never able to get stuck into over the summer as I was spending time with them, so I am itching to get them done and then I can
    relax a little.

• Advertisement
Advertisement