Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pu-erh Tea

• 29-08-2012 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I bought Robert Roberts Pu-reh tea yesterday. I don't know if it's as "good" as the more expensive ones but I thought I'd give it a shot for the alleged benefits to digestion, weight loss, etc.
    Reading online it says it has an earthy flavour - I agree, it tastes like muck!! I had a cup last night which was ok, but today when I left the tea bag for the recommended time it was too potent. Funny, because I like normal tea brewed for ages. Can you still get benefits if you make it lighter? If anyone here drinks it: Do you get used to the flavour? Do you feel any benefits?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

I drank it once, I got wicked palpitations from it and generally didn't feel well for an hour or so afterwards. I also thought it tasted like muck. It's weird because I guzzle coffee and don't get any palpitations from that. I haven't touched the stuff since! I don't think you're supposed to brew it for long though so maybe that's the issue. On this site they recommend short brews 10-20 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Thanks, I just made some fresh and only put in the bag for a short time, it's an improvement but still not great. I might add some lemon, but it kind of defeats the point of what I am trying to do!! I am trying to move away from buying coffee in work. I don't like normal tea made in the cup, and want to minimise hassle so all I need with me is tea bags and a cup. Think I'll road test green tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Dero

We drink it all the time; to the extent that we only have "normal" black tea in the house for visitors.

It does indeed have an earthy smell and flavour, but I really like it. It goes without saying obviously that it is not suited to milk. It is generally better with water just off the boil. We usually wait one minute after the kettle boils to pour.

This is what we usually drink. I would agree that the teabags from the supermarkets are not as good, but they're probably a good deal cheaper.

House of Tea also have Pu-Erh teabags which are far nicer than the supermarket ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Thanks Dero. As I said I want to minimise hassle so tea in bags is probably best. Is that a picture of the tea you drink - it look very orange? The one I have here is quite black. I managed to down my light cup so I might just stick with it and increase the strenght over time, I'm sure it's an acquired taste and I could grow to love it in time:D
    Do you find it has benefits? Do you drink it all day or specifically afte meals? I read it can actually make you hungrier?

Advertisement