Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue Full Moon this Friday (31 August)

• 29-08-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure if this has been posted already but there'll be a blue full moon this Friday. Hopefully no clouds.

Cheers,
    pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Note that a "blue moon" in this context isn't actually blue. Nor does it look any different to a regular full moon. It's a reference to a full moon in a month that has already had one* (there was already a full moon on August 2nd) . The next month with two won't be until July 2015, so it's a relatively rare event (hence "once in a blue moon").

*or the extra full moon in a season that has 4 (seasons usually only have 3) to use the traditional definition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

phutyle wrote: »
    The next month with two won't be until July 2015, so it's a relatively rare event (hence "once in a blue moon").

thankfully-
    the older I get the less I like them - thought it was an old wise tale, but recently notice a lot more anger and unbalanced thinking (me included) when the moon is full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

Note that a "blue moon" in this context isn't actually blue. Nor does it look any different to a regular full moon. It's a reference to a full moon in a month that has already had one* (there was already a full moon on August 2nd) . The next month with two won't be until July 2015, so it's a relatively rare event (hence "once in a blue moon").

*or the extra full moon in a season that has 4 (seasons usually only have 3) to use the traditional definition.

ya learn something new every day!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

thebaz wrote: »
    thankfully-
    the older I get the less I like them - thought it was an old wise tale, but recently notice a lot more anger and unbalanced thinking (me included) when the moon is full

...what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Zillah wrote: »
    ...what?

He means "old WIVE'S tale"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The smurfs lied to me! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

smash wrote: »
    The smurfs lied to me! :(

Hey, that's what custom white balance is for :pac:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1194&g2_serialNumber=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

overcast here in north dublin :(
    is it on display for anyone else in ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

overcast here in north dublin :(
    is it on display for anyone else in ireland?
    Cloudy in Galway :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Visible in Cork. Should probably take a photo :pac:

Not the best of cameras for the job and taken in September so not sure if it counts

CBDAF7D6ECA84BBFB2AC651FE930D47A-0000324846-0002993345-00800L-BF058512E56F4434863066D60312A02B.jpg

1B9D6BE97F5647E991CA7E5E32544F1A-0000324846-0002993344-00800L-1A96BD2619454976988262CAD9DF3BA2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

...what?

I don't like full moons - nothing to do with photographing them

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Stick to the paths, don't drift out to the moors ....

Aaaaarrrrrrrrr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

took this one around half1 , no detail in the moon but i like the composition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

...what?
    there's a widely held belief that incidents of general madness and boisterousness are more common around a full moon.

Advertisement