Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad music for wedding reception drinks

Options
  • 29-08-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all, im getting married the 29th December 2012 in Dublin. Looking for a bit of trad music to be played for when guessed are arriving. was thinking along the lines of accordion and fiddle..any suggestions of who is good and a rough idea of price people would charge for 2 hr session..any info greatfully appreciated:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fishtyfiddle

Hi all, im getting married the 29th December 2012 in Dublin. Looking for a bit of trad music to be played for when guessed are arriving. was thinking along the lines of accordion and fiddle..any suggestions of who is good and a rough idea of price people would charge for 2 hr session..any info greatfully appreciated:D

hi there!
    im a fulltime fiddle/guitar player that plays regular gigs with a great accordian player.
    saw your ad, and can make an offer of 300e to take on the gig no hassle, im well accustomed to this style of gig, its place in the evening and whats required; save you fishing on boards for a few weeks!
    we're both pro musicians, playing and touring with different groups so the standard is pretty good, lightly amplified to be heard all round the crowd, reception area.
    just mail back if your interested
    regards
    Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mightymouse11

Hi Thank yuo for reply, just wondering can i hear you on line at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sainbaeno

Did you get sorted for your wedding. I play professionally and have done events like this before. Can send you some links if you want to hear us.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mightymouse11

that would be great please forward on clips and pricing please

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nodoubt56

I am getting married next xmas 2013 and also am looking for drinks reception trad music!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 sainbaeno

I'm sure I can help you with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kevinjgraham

Hi,

Folk That comprise of 2 guitars, a flute/tin whistle and bodhrans. We do some lovely trad, some rabble rousing folk stuff and any special requests you may have.

We'd be delighted to discuss it with you.

Cheers
    Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hi,

Folk That comprise of 2 guitars, a flute/tin whistle and bodhrans. We do some lovely trad, some rabble rousing folk stuff and any special requests you may have.

Cheers
    Kevin
    Two guitars and bodhrans?!? Janey mackers...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Op, I'd recommend getting in touch with Peter at www.corasevents.ie. He's been organising this kind of stuff for a few years now if you want it done professionally. Great accordion player himself, and has a lively roster of excellent musicians and dancers to call on. He does a lot of work with the newest singer from the band Solas who also plays a mighty fiddle. I'm too busy these days, but I used to do a lot with him. Check his website. Clips aplenty to be seen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭andylennon11

I'm lookin for trad arrival music for dec 2013 wedding in ballinasloe? Anyone know any good ones ? On a budget!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

endacl wrote: »
    Op, I'd recommend getting in touch with Peter at www.corasevents.ie. He's been organising this kind of stuff for a few years now if you want it done professionally. Great accordion player himself, and has a lively roster of excellent musicians and dancers to call on. He does a lot of work with the newest singer from the band Solas who also plays a mighty fiddle. I'm too busy these days, but I used to do a lot with him. Check his website. Clips aplenty to be seen there.

web address is now http://www.corasevents.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Valovalo78

I'm lookin for trad arrival music for dec 2013 wedding in ballinasloe? Anyone know any good ones ? On a budget!

Hi ,

Did you have any luck with trad,,, looking for same my self for April

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dublin17102013

Hi, also looking to have a 2 man trad session for My wedding reception in October 2013, from 4:30 pm - 5:30pm
    Can some recommend Me to a few good ones, if they have seen them somewhere or had the play at Your event..
    Much appreciation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Hi, also looking to have a 2 man trad session for My wedding reception in October 2013, from 4:30 pm - 5:30pm
    Can some recommend Me to a few good ones, if they have seen them somewhere or had the play at Your event..
    Much appreciation!!

What part of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Tradnuts

I'm an Uilleann Piper (28 years experience) and can arrange other musicians for these type of wedding gigs.

Flute/Fiddle/banjo/bodhran/guitar, whatever suits you.

Based around Dublin.

Usually i find that instrumental music (as opposed to songs) works best for this kind of arrangement. People are coming in, mulling around, chatting, having a drink and nice lively trad in the background suits well. Usually there is no need to amplify either. It's background music, not a live concert performance.

PM me for details/questions/quotes etc. Any combination of instruments can be arranged and all quality professional musicians.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MccarthyM

Hi Kevin
    I am looking for a trad group to play at our wedding ceremony on August 29th. I'd like guitar / bodhran / whistles combination. Could you pm me with your details if you are available?
    Thanks!
    M

Hi,

Cheers
    Kevin

Advertisement