Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cisco 2600 factory reset

Options
  • 29-08-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

folks i'm brain dead when it comes to routers. I have an old cisco 2600 that hasnt been used in 4+ years. theres no record of any passwords in teh office. anyway I want to factory reset this/wipe any configuration information from it.

I've connected a serial cable and booted up

I've managed to create an account using procedure 2 outlined here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml

now when i log in its obvious that the configuratio/set up is related to my compnay coz it mentions the name.

how would i go about wiping any configuration/rules etc and setting it back to factory default

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Timfy

Found this... may help you out. linky!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

worked a treat, I had tried some of the stuff from the cisco website and it was tellin me the the letter r was invalid then w was invalid. i was going nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Timfy

Glad that your back in business!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Advertisement