Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macaroons

Options
  • 29-08-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everyone,
    Im hoping someone can point me in the direction of some good macaroons in Dublin City. M&S and Butlers both do them but I didnt find either of them very appealling. I'm looking for tasty, fresh macaroons.
    Hope someone can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Green Door Bakery in Stoneybatter do great macaroons.

1 euro a pop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Laduree macaroons in Brown Thomas on Grafton St. Just inside door to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Ray von wrote: »
    Laduree macaroons in Brown Thomas on Grafton St. Just inside door to the right.

not great imo
    and overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Cocoa Atelier on Drury St has them. They are very good, but expensive compared to France. I think the ones in Brown Thomas are even more expensive though...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Lauderee in Brown Thomas by a mile ! I love their macaroons , caramel, vanilla & raspberry are my faves. Making me peckish just thinking about them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Janneke

Try the Cake Café: http://www.thecakecafe.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 LanceStrong

Does the OP mean macarons?

French word: macarons
    English word: macaroons

Same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I dont know about dublin,but if im there,sometimes i go up on the weekends i would have a look in,in limerick if anybody goes around there they do them in a health food shop on thomas st,they are fresh and you can buy them in a set of six.You cant buy them singly unfortunately but they are very tasty and worth the splurge.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

OP do you want old school macaroon bars? My corner shop sells them, 30cent, or I think the Irish ones are 50cent.

product-macaroonlarge.jpg

• Advertisement

Triangular wrote: »
    OP do you want old school macaroon bars? My corner shop sells them, 30cent, or I think the Irish ones are 50cent.

I'm pretty sure it's the fancy confectionary item rather than the old school bar that they're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

French word: macarons
    English word: macaroons

Same thing.

I do see where LanceStrong is coming from - macaroons to me are

127966lrg.jpg

which Fallon & Byrne occasionally have as little 50c go-along-with-your-coffee treats if that's what you're after OP

I know it's the same word but the little coloured almond meringues are always macarons in my head. I get them in the cocoa atelier, €3.50 coffee & macaron offer is nice. You can also get them in Chez Max on Baggot St. (Starbucks have them too but have never tried as find Starbucks cakes bland & hugely over priced & the ones near me look like big old macaron burgers)

Y'know what - I forgot all about those things.

Advertisement