Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung pay Apple $1 Billion fine in Coins!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Not very true I suspect - they are appealing, so paying would be an admission of guilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

if they had 5 cents for everytime samsung ripped them off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Biggins wrote: »
    Not very true I suspect - they are appealing, so paying would be an admission of guilt.
    Dammit :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My hatred for Apple knows no bounds

Never again will i buy any of their products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I find it hard to believe they managed to get their hands on 20 billion 5 cent coins in the space of less than a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Would've been a good story if it was true. Be a right kick in the teeth for apple!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

A quick web search returns this: http://www.wisdomportal.com/Currency/USCurrency.html

Although it is from 1997 the total number of dimes in circulation back them was under 2 billion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

Jez, some people would believe anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

In the past, various disgruntled people, usually farmers, have written cheques on the sides of cows to pay disputed bills.

If I were Samsung, I'd round up thousands of rattlesnakes and write a cheque on each them (after sedating them of course:eek:), then deliver those to Apple's HQ to be lodged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

ejmaztec wrote: »
    In the past, various disgruntled people, usually farmers, have written cheques on the sides of cows to pay disputed bills.

If I were Samsung, I'd round up thousands of rattlesnakes and write a cheque on each them (after sedating them of course:eek:), then deliver those to Apple's HQ to be lodged.
    They wrote a cheque on a cow?:confused:

How exactly would that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Headshot wrote: »
    My hatred for Apple knows no bounds

Never again will i buy any of their products

I have a Galaxy S2 and I love it, I had a choice of that or the Iphone and I think I chose right.

BUT the biggest consumer electronics firm in the world is no longer Sony its Samsung. Apple MAY have plagiarised tech in its history but Apple have been a force for innovation. I hate the Ipad but my dad is nearly 80 and he can work it, it is easy to use, but it drives me mad with its restrictions, I much prefer my laptop. But there has never been a computer product that has sold like it.

So if Apple are spending their R and D on development while Samsung are spending theirs on back engineering. Samsung deserve this judgement. At the end of the day Samsung will have to develop other systems which will be better for the consumer in the end.

Advertisement