Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did my ears deceive me this morning

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

juan.kerr wrote: »
    If the can't make ends meet, what are doing in BT?

heading in there to the christmas shop. :roll eyes: you do know what a marketing ploy is, don't you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Confab wrote: »
    Christmas stuff is usually on sale in September in Australia. I wouldn't mind but Christmas is just not possible in Australia due to the heat.

If Jesus had been born in Australia, the dingos would have had him for Christmas dinner, and we'd all still be Jewish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

c_man wrote: »
    Just don't give them custom if it bothers people so much.
    I have never lost the head over something so trivial as "christmas". I save my "losing the head" for life situations, not a marketing ploy made up by coca cola :)
    heading in there to the christmas shop. :roll eyes: you do know what a marketing ploy is, don't you

T'is Christmas alright. Our boardsie family is arguing already. After lunch too, right on cue.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If Jesus had been born in Australia, the dingos would have had him for Christmas dinner, and we'd all still be Jewish.

If Jesus had been born in Australia, there would have been a good chance he would have been of Irish decent! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

pete dee wrote: »
    WONT BE GETTING MY DOSH . NOT IN THIS RECESSION . IT WILL BE LIDLS OR ALDI. BLESS EM LOL

Are you typing your posts in a room with very loud machinery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

im prob going to get tomatos thrown at me for this, but ive had christmas 80% sorted since Jan

Hubby and i went to town with 200e and gota pile of presents in the Jan sales, only things we didnt pick up were the godchildrens gifts as they change their mind all the time so said we would get them sooner to christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Are brown thomas opening their Christmas stores today? its AUGUST - people are still swimming when the weather is warm.
    Halloween hasn't come yet, Kids are not back to school from their SUMMER holidays yet.

This is bizarre and should be banned. (and I am a LOVER of Christmas). :mad:

Agreed, and I remember hearing (unbelievably) when had happened in Manchester about ten years ago, so I guessed that it would only be a matter of time before it happened here. Its totally mad of course, and it only serves to denegrate the specialness of Christmas & the Christmas period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I knew it, the winter has finally arrived. Had to turn on the radiators last night, the OH was freezing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

T'is Christmas alright. Our boardsie family is arguing already. After lunch too, right on cue.

:pac:

they look like simple statements and replies to me - don't see any arguing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

Tiz the season to be.... eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

its not even september yet, its ridiculous to start the warm up to christmas already, but on the other hand i can see why people have to start saving and collecting stuff for christmas already, but the shops shouldnt be alllowed to start doing these kind of stunts so early in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I love Christmas jumpers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

September is the build up really now. Summer is over and the big freeze is coming back.
    Not that we got a Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Christmas comes early for the one percent of the population that shops there, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

There just copying Harrods, they opened their Christmas shop over a month ago over there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

cgpg5 wrote: »
    With respect they'd hardly open this early unless they knew they'd actually get customers. Blame the customers for buying Christmas related things this early as opposed to shops

But of course. People need time to get the 18 christmas trees for their houses in Malahide/Dalkey etc.
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Don't we have a rule here (think we did last year anyhow) of no Christmas threads before Nov. 1 or something?

Needs to be enforced again methinks! ;)

No, we have a Christmas forum for all that shíte talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    This completely ruins Christmas.
    There should be legislation brought in to stop decorations in stores before November 1st.
    Do we really need to be looking at lights and hearing carol's for 2 months solid?

because THAT'S what TDs need to be worrying about :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Its like this every August. About a week before the schools go back I start to notice a few back to back toy ads on RTE. Then the week after the schools are back the toy ads go into overdrive.

We'll see the Halloween stuff in the shops over the next couple of weeks, along with a sprinkling of Christmas things. Then on the 1st of November the shops will be crammed with Christmas stock and then it's 2 months of Christmas muzac to torment staff and customers alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Not a Christmas song, don't care what you or anyone else says!

Just a song that is played at Christmas, nothing more.
    It was christmas eve babe
    In the drunk tank
    An old man said to me: won't see another one
    And then they sang a song
    The rare old mountain dew
    I turned my face away and dreamed about you
    Got on a lucky one
    Came in eighteen to one
    I´ve got a feeling
    This year´s for me and you
    So happy christmas

I love you baby
    I can see a better time
    Where all our dreams come true.
    They got cars big as bars
    They got rivers of gold
    But the wind goes right through you
    It´s no place for the old
    When you first took my hand on a cold christmas eve
    You promised me broadway was waiting for me
    You were handsome you were pretty
    Queen of new york city when the band finished playing they yelled out for more

Sinatra was swinging all the drunks they were singing
    We kissed on a corner
    Then danced through the night.

And the boys from the NYPD choir were singing Galway Bay
    And the bells were ringing out for christmas day.

You´re a bum you´re a punk
    You´re an old slut on junk
    Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
    You scumbag you maggot
    You cheap lousy ******
    Happy christmas your arse I pray god it´s our last.

And the boys of the NYPD choir's still singing Galway Bay
    And the bells were ringing out
    For christmas day.

I could have been someone
    Well so could anyone
    You took my dreams from me
    When I first found you
    I kept them with me babe
    I put them with my own
    Can´t make it out alone
    I´ve built my dreams around you

And the boys of the NYPD choir's still singing Galway Bay
    And the bells are ringing out
    For christmas day.

Yeah, you're right, it is definitely more.. Halloweeny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If you don't agree with it don't shop there. The only power a person has these days is as a consumer.

I certainly won't be entering any shop playing Christmas music to the point I'll shop online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

go to the store in your Santa outfit shouting, happy holidays, then they will throw you out, see how that goes on the front page of the big issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

What are you talking about? If they have no money they shouldn't be shopping in BT. Are we talking about children here without the ability to make up their own minds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

because THAT'S what TDs need to be worrying about :rolleyes:

Tes, it's clearly the cause of all our problems. We need an emergency Dail session to get this vital piece of legislation through. A three line whip is called for.

Advertisement