Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help with Directions in Drogheda.

Options
  • 29-08-2012 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am going to be working in Drogheda for twelve weeks starting on Monday. There is a good chance I will be staying in the Green Door, and I will be working in the M1 Retail park. I don't drive, I have to walk. The only route I know is to walk from the Green Door to the Bus Station and then up the hill all the way to the retail park. It is a fairly lengthy walk (and will mean quiet and early start to get to work on time). Does anyone know if there are any shorter routes from the Green Door to the M1 Retail Park/Drogheda Retail park, then the route stated above. When suggesting routes please keep in mind that I am not familiar with the area.

All help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's probably the most direct route, especially if you're not familiar with the town yet.
    Not being smart with you but if you bought yourself a cheap bike you'd do it in 10 mins or so.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

I thought M1 Retail Park and Drogheda Retail Park were 2 separate places.

If you go up the hill from bus station you will get to Drogheda Retail Park (long walk) but I always thought that M1 Retail Park was on the other side of the river at the end of Trinity Street. (Even further walk). This park is at the next M1 exit on the northern side of the M1 bridge.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭IrishMactire

maximus02 wrote: »
    I thought M1 Retail Park and Drogheda Retail Park were 2 separate places.

If you go up the hill from bus station you will get to Drogheda Retail Park (long walk) but I always thought that M1 Retail Park was on the other side of the river at the end of Trinity Street. (Even further walk). This park is at the next M1 exit on the northern side of the M1 bridge.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Worth checking out.

Perhaps I am getting the name wrong but it is the one up the hill from the bus station, the retail park with KFC and a car dealership and Homebase and all that.

furiousox wrote: »
    It's probably the most direct route, especially if you're not familiar with the town yet.
    Not being smart with you but if you bought yourself a cheap bike you'd do it in 10 mins or so.

Not really sure what my situation is going to look like after twelve weeks, don't particularly want to spend money on a bike if I may only get 12 weeks use from it... Also I am not sure how well I would do cycling up that hill. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

For the one with KFC and Homebase, it is straight up the Donore Road, it is less than 3Kms. Depending on the time starting there is the 173 Bus that goes as far as Marleys lane (The lights before the retail park) it may go further but you'd need to call the depot to check with them, The downside is that it only goes from 09.00 - 19.00.

Apart from the bike, (you may grab one on donedeal or adverts.ie for cheap) its not that long a walk.

Owne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

If you're going to be staying in Drogheda for three months maybe look for a houseshare in one of the estates closer to the retail park? Maybe Cederfield or even Knockbrack downs which is just adjacent to Tesco and the back road to the retail park.

It would be easier on the legs, and might be a bit cheaper than B&B, even with long term rates.

If you're going to be staying in Drogheda for three months maybe look for a houseshare in one of the estates closer to the retail park? Maybe Cederfield or even Knockbrack downs which is just adjacent to Tesco and the back road to the retail park.

It would be easier on the legs, and might be a bit cheaper than B&B, even with long term rates.

To be honest the Green Door hostel is doing me a really good deal and I visited the place and it seems nice, the people running it a cool too so I am kind of settled on that idea. Took me long enough to find somewhere and I did try finding places closer. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

To be honest the Green Door hostel is doing me a really good deal and I visited the place and it seems nice, the people running it a cool too so I am kind of settled on that idea. Took me long enough to find somewhere and I did try finding places closer. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Ok, well instead of walking down to the bus station, when you come out of the Green Door take the left turn opposite Scotch Hall (Mary St) and head up the Platin Road, turn up either at DPL into the industrial estate or keep going until you get to Knockbrack Downs and go into the retail park by the back road. On a map of Drogheda it looks more direct, you're cutting out a big corner at the start. I would look into getting a second hand bike and then reselling it. You'll save the money in taxi fare over the 12 weeks.

Advertisement