Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why should I (we) pay the new Property Tax???

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ncdadam wrote: »
    Suppose everyone pays the HHC or the property tax when it's eventually brought in and the LA's are still cutting services, would this not prove that the money is not going to the LA's?

If we see an improvement in services then I might believe it.

It's not supposed to provide better services, it's to keep existing services, hence the thing about cuts for counties not paying.

This charge will not result in better services and I don't know why you are under that illusion, who told you that?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

alastair wrote: »
    I'm sure it is until the sting of the penalties kick in.

How many have you racked up then from "her magesty" at this stage????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

We had many laws in this country over a long number of years that people actually took up arms over. Were Pearse, Connolly etc guilty in your eyes?
    Are you seriously trying to paint yourself as a 1916 rebel? Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

We had many laws in this country over a long number of years that people actually took up arms over. Were Pearse, Connolly etc guilty in your eyes?

And now we enter the fantastical world of the over-imaginative tax evader.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

dvpower wrote: »
    Scaremongering would be overestimating the number of criminals, not underestimating it.

Criminals, leeches, what next?

Calling people names does nothing to convince people to pay.

• Advertisement

Scaremongering would be overestimating the number of criminals, not underestimating it.

Well theres 700,00 criminals out there then DV Power.

Time to get your cape and batmobile back on the road then.:pac:

And now we enter the fantastical world of the over-imaginative tax evader.

PMSL at that statement from you.....:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Late penalties, and the awkwardness of having the revenue on your case does though.

The Irish Examiner has a headline tomorrow stating that public service workers are paid on average €300 more than the same people in the private sector weekly.

I won't be paying a property tax while that kind of scandalous behaviour is allowed to continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I didn't say leeches, but is evading the HHC/ property tax not criminal?

• Advertisement

The Irish Examiner has a headline tomorrow stating that public service workers are paid on average €300 more than the same people in the private sector weekly.

I won't be paying a property tax while that kind of scandalous behaviour is allowed to continue.

Politicians have a bit of a sickie scam and double pay scam going too???;):rolleyes:

Morning newspapers make for interesting reading indeed.:pac:

K-9 wrote: »
    It's not supposed to provide better services, it's to keep existing services, hence the thing about cuts for counties not paying.

This charge will not result in better services and I don't know why you are under that illusion, who told you that?

Ah, I see.

So along with paying for the LA's through our general taxation, us home owners are to pay extra and get nothing more in return.

I don't think so.

Late penalties, and the awkwardness of having the revenue on your case does though.

Na!

They were and are guilty.

Guilty of giving us all our independence and freedom as individuals to say Yes or No in this country.

My great grandfather is on the wall of rememberence in Arbour Hill.

I didn't say leeches, but is evading the HHC/ property tax not criminal?

The country's full of criminals, the half of them are in public office or have retired with the big lump sum and huge pension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thread closed. Keep your one liners and personal digs to AH, not politics board quality.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement