Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled 3 Mobile Broadband

• 29-08-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi everyone. 1 Month ago i signed a contract with 3 for the mobile broadband dongle thing. It was fine for the 14 days then it just died, i was told in the shop id get up to 7.2 Mbps but everyone knows you don't get even close to that. So i was happy with my 3 Mbps download and 1.2 upload. Now after 1 month the speed has dropped to 1.2 average download and upload was 768kbps last time i checked. I've just rang technical support, they said its normal, i asked them for a signal booster, they said no that im not under a national scheme or something so i asked them what now? They said nothing, basically deal with it. I rang customer support, explained to them that the speed has died dramatically and im not paying for a service im not getting. They want €400 of an early cancellation fee. I told them i have no problem paying any outstanding monthly charge up to the end of the month/30 days notice, whatever, but i wont be paying €400 for the rest of the contract. €400!!!?? are they joking. For what?? Anyway has anyone had this problem before? Can they follow me for the money? As in bring me to court? Any help would be great thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You cannot get a booster off them unless you are in an NBS area ( rural areas in the National Broadband Scheme) . Speeds are highly variable with Midband products.

Frankly 1.2 down and 800 up is very very fast by Threes standards so I don't know what you are complaining about. If it were .12 down and .08 up I'd sympathise...and there are many on those speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 laoisman88

I'm complaining about the expected speed, and the actually speed as stated above...I cant justify paying €30 a month for 1.2 Mbps download, if i was getting an average of half the stated speed 7.2 Mbps id be happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You'll pay €30 a month with anyone else who could supply 1.2mbits...never mind 3mbits.

Honestly, you are doing great for a midband customer in Ireland so be happy. :)

Ok so ill go back to the original post. Any information on the questions i have asked would be great. I don't want opinions on my situation please. Thank you.

Unbelievably, after cancelling my 3 mobile broadband order and telling them that i wont be paying them a cent. My Download speed has miraculously boosted to a steady 2.6 - 3.6 Mbps Download and 1.5-2 Upload. So i called them back and cancelled my contract termination. Its absolutely ridiculous that they can get away with stuff like this and nobody ever says a word. I might try and get into the mobile broadband business myself someday. Seems like easy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

laoisman88 wrote: »
    Unbelievably, after cancelling my 3 mobile broadband order and telling them that i wont be paying them a cent. My Download speed has miraculously boosted to a steady 2.6 - 3.6 Mbps Download and 1.5-2 Upload. So i called them back and cancelled my contract termination. Its absolutely ridiculous that they can get away with stuff like this and nobody ever says a word. I might try and get into the mobile broadband business myself someday. Seems like easy money.
    Cell aerials get adjusted pretty regularly, may have just been overage tweaks.

Advertisement