Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch deactivate alarm

Options
  • 29-08-2012 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi folks, I have cancelled my sub with eircom phonewatch wireless alarm. They want to charge me €80 to get an electrician to deactivate the alarm. Is there an easy way to do this as I have better things to spend this money on? It is a Simon alarm(see attachment)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

deactivated the same model for my mother last weekend as it was driving her insane with the internal alarm going off for no reason (also unsubscribed for the last two years)

I turned off power at the meter box

opened the alarm box and removed the big battery

opened the fuse socket and removed the Live\Neutral\Earth from the alarm side

screwed back in the fuse socket and turned on the power

and that was that

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Brimindy

Thanks kingtiger will try this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Brimindy wrote: »
    Hi folks, I have cancelled my sub with eircom phonewatch wireless alarm. They want to charge me €80 to get an electrician to deactivate the alarm. Is there an easy way to do this as I have better things to spend this money on? It is a Simon alarm(see attachment)

Thanks!

Are you saying they sent you out a letter to disconnect the system from ringing them or do you want to disable the alarm system altogether?
    Have seen a good few of these letters. They could easily do this over the phone in less that a minute if they where so concerned that you would be charged for these phone calls...

The alarm will still work as a standalone alarm. It can even be programmed to ring one number in the event of an alarm activation. Disabling the system would not be an option I would consider.

More that happy to help you get any issues your having sorted yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

kingtiger wrote: »
    deactivated the same model for my mother last weekend as it was driving her insane with the internal alarm going off for no reason (also unsubscribed for the last two years)

I turned off power at the meter box

opened the alarm box and removed the big battery

opened the fuse socket and removed the Live\Neutral\Earth from the alarm side

screwed back in the fuse socket and turned on the power

and that was that

An easier option would of being to take the fuse out of the alarm spur and disconnect the battery ;)

If you had of pressed the status button on the alarm that would of told you what the problem was. Bit drastic disabling the system and leaving her with no alarm without knowing the cause..

Advertisement