Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Higher level maths for Biological and Chemical sciences

• 29-08-2012 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi, I was just wondering if Higher Level maths is required for Biological and Chemical sciences in UCC? Maths isn't my best subject but it's the only honours subject I plan on dropping so I just wanted to know beforehand if I need it? Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

You need a higher C3 in a science, maths OR applied maths. I think there's maths in first year so the higher level might come in handy for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

So it's a definite no to needing higher maths? Sorry I just got confused when you said a higher C3 in a science, maths or applied maths, I thought you ment as in I need it in the science subject, maths or applied maths not just the science subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Any of them. I assume you're studying either biology or chemistry so that would do you. From what I remember from a housemate you wouldn't need honours maths at all, but if you did it for the leaving first year maths would be really easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

mmahony18 wrote: »
    So it's a definite no to needing higher maths? Sorry I just got confused when you said a higher C3 in a science, maths or applied maths, I thought you ment as in I need it in the science subject, maths or applied maths not just the science subject.

Yeah it's a definite no to needing higher maths so long as you have a higher C3 in a science subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

Ok thanks alot for the answers really helped alot! :) And yes I'm doing higher Biology and Chemistry so should be sorted! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement