Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the name of this Kíla song

Options
  • 29-08-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Its the one that plays when you visit their website: http://www.kila.ie/

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Axolotl

No idea, sorry, but it's probably off their new album, Soisín, if that's any help? It's an entirely instrumental disc :)

Edit: you can listen to samples from said album here, if you want to try and decipher it: http://www.kila.ie/shop.php?type=albums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

I have played trad all my life. For the first time last week, I saw Ronan O'Snodaigh 'playing' solo and 'play/sing' with Liam O'Maonlai, he was awful, they were awful, I couldn't wait for it to end. Both were pissed on stage, which probably had something to do with it, plus one of O'Snodaigh's young sons was constantly running around on stage, how did they become so respected?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

Axolotl wrote: »
    No idea, sorry, but it's probably off their new album, Soisín, if that's any help? It's an entirely instrumental disc :)

Edit: you can listen to samples from said album here, if you want to try and decipher it: http://www.kila.ie/shop.php?type=albums

Sound. Found it. The Bearna Waltz. Cheers.

As for how the lads became so respected, just listen to their music. Fine they were pissed and ****ing about on stage, not professional and they shouldnt have done it, whatever. Their work still stands as some of the most incredible music ive ever heard

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Axolotl

Glad you found it! As to their popularity, I've seen them pissed and non-pissed, and the difference is staggering. Their sober gig was one of the best concerts I've ever been at. Easily top two.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mary Earnest

Axolotl wrote: »
    Glad you found it! As to their popularity, I've seen them pissed and non-pissed, and the difference is staggering. Their sober gig was one of the best concerts I've ever been at. Easily top two.

Wonderful.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I am now pissed.

It is 12.40 at night.

i am not at my job.

I am not playing or singing which is what I do for a living.

I use to play music at nights in the west and used to think you "had" to drink to play the music so that people would enjoy it.

I was wrong.

In pubs etc.. lounge boys, barmen etc do not get drunk while at their job.
    Neither should the musicians or other entertainers.

If you are getting paid you are at work and shouldn't be pissed when providing a service to a paying public.

These people are keeping bread on the table and a roof over your head.

The least they should expect is a consistently high quality of delivery of your material in a consistently good manner.

........Nothing like a good rant........

Advertisement