Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Butter habits.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

mickrock wrote: »
    I'm looking at the back of my tub of Kerrygold butter and it says "Fat 80% Min", so it's full fat.

Not trying to be too pedantic, but spreads are mostly fat as well... the difference is the kinds of fat. The spreads have added hardened vegetable oil and a failry small percentage of real butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

kfallon wrote: »
    Yeah you're right, they are right up there with The Holocaust and 9/11 :rolleyes:

:p

At last, someone with a similar perspective.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I switch between real butter and the healthiest spread you can get almost schizophreniclly.

That would mean you alternate between butter and butter then as butter is quite good for you and fake butter spreads are definitely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

aujopimur wrote: »
    When it come to the tub or slab of butter are you a scraper or a digger.
    I myself tend to keep it fairly clean and tidy.
    The reason this came to my attention is, I was having "the tea" in a house recently and I could'nt get over the state of the tub of butter.
    It was manky, it was full of crumbs, bits of peas, spud, jam, ketchup and a few other unidentified articles, not to mention the scrapings around the edges and the knife standing to attention in the centre of the tub.
    So, how's your butter tub?.

Strange, I had this exact argument with my housemate last night. He's a digger. I'm a scraper.

I despise my butter being in a mess.... toast crumbs make me throw the tub into the bin. I won't deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

hardCopy wrote: »
    I bet you're one of those people who hangs the toilet roll back-to-front on the holder.
    There's a corner of hell reserved for that lot.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm a scraper.. and I grew up in a house where we scraped the 'cast off' butter onto the side of the tub when we were finished buttering..

One day I did it at work and I was berated by a co-worker.. it was only then that it dawned on me just how manky that habit is :o

I felt like a gypsy.

Advertisement