Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Design portfolio help

Options
  • 29-08-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

can someone tell me what to do do for a graphic design portfolio or show me some samples so i know what they have to look like. ive been for one today and they said basically my portfolio wasn't enough and didn't look like it had enough commitment in it.

its hard enough trying to do a portfolio with a full-time job working 5 days a week 7 hrs a day. also i don't even know what they really want for a portfolio since im really following their guidelines from the site but the keep saying its not what there looking for and im like "what the hell guys" its like its the opposite of what they really want.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

A graphic design portfolio is meant to be creative and unique, so it would be pointless looking at examples. Given a scenario that you would be working a design studio someday and the clients wouldn't be to happy if you were looking an examples for their unique design.

A portfolio should include:
    - Logo Designs + business cards & headed paper designs
    - Flyer Designs
    - Webpage Templates
    - Custom Designs for print
    - Advertisement Designs
    - Magazine & Book Designs
    - Clothing Designs
    - Any 3D projects
    - Add some flash designs even
    - Random designs showing quality techniques etc...

If you haven't worked on any projects to add to your portfolio, just make up a company name and use that name to get creative with your designs by designing logos & advertisements for that company.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mahomaho

thanks for the info there was nothing of this info on the bcfe page for graphic design portfolio guidlines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

No problem at all. Good Luck with the portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mahomaho

Didn't make it in

Advertisement