Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 25 - No satellite signal is being received

Options
  • 29-08-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with our Sky signal. Every so often we get an 'error 25' message which tells us that 'No satellite signal is being received'. This happens intermittently but commonly after we've (a) watched a recorded programme or (b) tried to record something.

On top of this, when we do try to record a programme we are not able to view any other station without being told that 'No satellite signal is being received'.

I've tried both a Sky+ and Sky+HD box and both are having the same issue.

The 2 signal inputs are both in securely at the back of the box.

Any help would be great. This is driving me insane!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im no expert on this but it sounds like the box is working only off one feed intermittently. If the cables are well secured at the back of the box then the fault may be at the other end at the lnb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

muffler wrote: »
    Im no expert on this but it sounds like the box is working only off one feed intermittently. If the cables are well secured at the back of the box then the fault may be at the other end at the lnb.

Wow, that's annoying. 3rd party Sky engineer set this up only a couple of months ago, specifically for Sky+. Thought getting the 2 signals working would be the main aim.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

What results do you get from a signal test .....

Press SERVICES on remote then choose SYSTEM SETUP then SIGNAL TEST

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

eirman wrote: »
    What results do you get from a signal test .....

Press SERVICES on remote then choose SYSTEM SETUP then SIGNAL TEST

I was getting High quality and Strength results for SIGNAL 1 and nothing for SIGNAL 2. Sky told me to swap the two signal cables around. Immediately I then had a signal for SIGNAL 2, good strength and quality.

However about 10 seconds later I lost signal for the channels. I did a reboot and now I'm getting ERROR 29 on all channels. Checked the signal in Services and it's getting nothing.

Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

I think the problem is up at the dish .... you'll probably have to call out the 3rd party Sky engineer again.

Before he goes and before you hand over cash, make sure that you have at least 60% quality for both inputs (quality is more important than strength). Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement