Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tolka Valley Regional Park/The Valley

Options
  • 29-08-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what they are doing in the car park?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I thought they may be using it as a yard for when they start the works on the Mulhuddart/N3 interchange ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My first thought was riiiiiiiiiiiiiiidin'. However a site compound may be more logical!

Is that bridge scheme due to kick off soon enough? I thought a few years peace on the N3 inbound was too good to be true alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I’m sure you can pick many actives and they have been done there.

Is this the work that there was a thread about last year?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056208633
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Roads/SchemesonDisplay
    /SchemesPreviouslyonDisplay/N3MulhuddartInterchangeUpgrade/

IF it solves the issue coming off the N3, then I’m all for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 180 ✭✭markas

jeffk wrote: »
    Anyone know what they are doing in the car park?

I have asked the guys when they were puttin up these containers.. yea, N3. They have started works today - or at least showed up in a bigger number :)

The problem is that I sometimes used this gate to enter the park. Now closed. For the next two years or so, according to my informer :(

I accept the fact that the car park is taken over, but cannot be just a single pedestrian gate left open, as ussualy is the case in similar situations? Where to inquire about this?
    Obviously the company doing the works would not be interested.. but what about people living around?

markas wrote: »
    I have asked the guys when they were puttin up these containers.. yea, N3. They have started works today - or at least showed up in a bigger number :)

The problem is that I sometimes used this gate to enter the park. Now closed. For the next two years or so, according to my informer :(

I accept the fact that the car park is taken over, but cannot be just a single pedestrian gate left open, as ussualy is the case in similar situations? Where to inquire about this?
    Obviously the company doing the works would not be interested.. but what about people living around?

Thanks for the information, two years of fun to look forward to.
    I am guessing that this was in the original planned permission hidden somewhere and once no one complained they went ahead with it.

There is another way in before that gate coming back from the shops, but unless you want to walk up and down a grassy hill, then it’s not for you.

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    There is another way in before that gate coming back from the shops, but unless you want to walk up and down a grassy hill, then it’s not for you.

Yes, I know about this shortcut... but it is not very convinient (nor safe, or legal for that matter) when wet, ie most of the times

maybe.. just a thought..- it is a good oppurtunity to 'legalize' it and make it walkable - install some steps, temp gates - all at minimal cost since the roadworkers are there.

markas wrote: »
    Yes, I know about this shortcut... but it is not very convinient (nor safe, or legal for that matter) when wet, ie most of the times

maybe.. just a thought..- it is a good oppurtunity to 'legalize' it and make it walkable - install some steps, temp gates - all at minimal cost since the roadworkers are there.

I agree it is not the best path to take.

I do not think that anyone will bother with it :( , they turned up took over the carpark and have locked the gate. If they planned an alternative route im sure they would have built it before they set up in the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Does anyone know the "official" contruction duration for the junction upgrade? I see 2 years mentioned above but I'd like to know what Fingal has committed to (if anything).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Was just coming in here to ask about that very thing! I haven't seen any work going on on the N3 though they seem to be there quite a while.

On an aside, how safe is that park? I live very close by but have never ventured inside.

miamee wrote: »
    Was just coming in here to ask about that very thing! I haven't seen any work going on on the N3 though they seem to be there quite a while.

On an aside, how safe is that park? I live very close by but have never ventured inside.

They have started work just after mulhuddart village beside the slip road . On the slip road you can see yellow markings Going towards the trees.
    They where testing the ground beside the bridge and under it months ago .
    The park between mulhuddart and castlecurragh has like a mesh fence beside the railings , maybe they are using that like the valley .

They valley as its called is grand , i live beside it and have used it for a shortcut to the centre . Most of the time you'll see people doing likewise or walking dogs .
    Like any park there can be the usual problems at night .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've ran the length of it from Mulhuddart to the hospital a few evenings and it's been fine. You might see a few drunks at the Mulhuddart end but as jeffk said I've only ever met dog walkers the Corduff side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Just wait for the additional N3 bridge and the traffic lights on both sides. If you thought it was bad up to now, prepare to be rightly pissed off on completion.

dodzy wrote: »
    Just wait for the additional N3 bridge and the traffic lights on both sides. If you thought it was bad up to now, prepare to be rightly pissed off on completion.

Anything has to be better than paying one or two tolls on the motorway and then pissing that time away as you crawl up the slip road and hope no one undercuts you, and people have the manners to let a car/s out.

miamee wrote: »

The park is grand. IMO the best green area in this side of Dublin. Apart from relatively rare incidents of drunk kids messing around, spoiling water, throwing stones in cars and cyclists on the road, it is safe most of the time, including nights. Perhaps frequent presence of anglers improves matters in this regard. I used to be there quite often, but now it is less accessible from the road side (no parking)

As for the traffic, since the works commenced (not that much really), it is worse. I hope in the end it will make sense, but for now I see a big chunk of the park from Mulhuddart side fenced off. Probably for good - to widen the road.

Advertisement