Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Job - Carlow Town

Options
  • 29-08-2012 3:15pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Moving to Carlow soon to attend the IT, I'm going to need a part time job to keep me fed. Does anyone know if there are any vacancies suitable for a student in Carlow Town, or even the surrounding areas, as I have a car? Have four years experience as a barman if that's any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Have four years experience as a barman if that's any help.
    With all the pubs and nightclubs in Carlow, I expect this to be a huge help.

Personally haven't heard of any vacancies .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Apply to the Med.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Moving to Carlow soon to attend the IT, I'm going to need a part time job to keep me fed. Does anyone know if there are any vacancies suitable for a student in Carlow Town, or even the surrounding areas, as I have a car? Have four years experience as a barman if that's any help.

A new gastro pub/restaraunt has opened in town. My friend got a job as a waitress there and last i was talking to her she was saying they were looking for bar staff, so its worth a try!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

A new gastro pub/restaraunt has opened in town. My friend got a job as a waitress there and last i was talking to her she was saying they were looking for bar staff, so its worth a try!

Lovely. Have you got the name of it? Popping down tomorrow I'll pop in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Presume they are talking about the place formerly called Buzzes, on Tullow St, now called Gastro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Presume they are talking about the place formerly called Buzzes, on Tullow St, now called Gastro.

Cool, I'll float in tomorrow and see so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Gastro ? not the greatest name for a pub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

threein99 wrote: »
    Gastro ? not the greatest name for a pub

It's not simply a pub, it seems to have a strong emphasis on dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 extremebogman

As title says, I'm looking for help finding work. I'm studying in Dublin during the week but am home each weekend and hope to find part-time work in Carlow.

I can write have an impressive C.V. but I'd really like to hear peoples advice on where I should seek work, which businesses hire around this time of year etc. I am also not aware of any new businesses opening in the Carlow area but would be very grateful for any help. It's a shame to see that the old thread about businesses opening and closing in Carlow seems to be long dormant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
Advertisement