Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a cheque from the Credit Union

Options
  • 29-08-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I recently got a small loan of under E1000 from the credit union, I often get these small loans to pay for holidays, Christmas etc..but I found by telling them exactly what I needed the loans for I was getting a bit of opposition to the reason for it. So i resorted to well basically misleading them and I recently gave the reason for a college course. I am taking up a part-time college course but not for the amount I applied to the credit union.

Now the problem this time is, they've given me a crossed (&co) cheque payable of the amount requested by me and made it payable to the institution. My question is, Is there any way I can lodge this check into my own bank account?

All responses appreciated and I think Ive learned my lesson.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Give the cheque to the institution, tell them that the CU made a mistake and ask them to refund the difference as soon as the cheque has cleared.

You won't be able to lodge it to your account, no chance. If it was made payable to Mary Murphy then you might be able to lodge it by spinning a yarn to your bank but if it's payable to a company or institution, no bank will accept it from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flanagan12

I tried that and they said I can only cancel the cheque and go back to the CU and explain the amount was wrong but Im afraid they'll revoke the full amount and just give me what I actually need.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Flanagan12 wrote: »
    I tried that and they said I can only cancel the cheque and go back to the CU and explain the amount was wrong but Im afraid they'll revoke the full amount and just give me what I actually need.

Thanks anyway.

Do you know others on the course whom have not paid yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flanagan12

No, I dont know anyone else on the course, but I think I know where you are going with this...Its worth a try!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please see the forum regarding dodgy dealings. "Misleading" is simply sugar coated fraud.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement