Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary medicine in ucd , subject dilemma !

• 29-08-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys I'm about to start 6th year and I've nearly decided on what I'm gonna do that being veterinary medicine. The problem is the i don't do chemistry which is a requirement. I study biology and ag.science. I'm wondering would it be possible to get in with those 2 science subjects in ucd without chemistry. Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

If chemistry is a requirement, you need to do chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kerryman111

Kinda stupid in all fairness when you think about which is more closely related to the course chemistry or agricultural science ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

A grade of C3 at higher level chemistry is required for the course you won't get offered a place unless you meet this requirement
    . If you're set on vet med you should probably consider talking it up as an extra subject or possibly repeating 5th year and taking it up. another option is doing the postgraduate course after you have done another course but that is extremely expensive and difficult to get into.

Advertisement