Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice selling e-commerce business.....

Options
  • 29-08-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I own two ecommerce sites that make a small profit.

Mybusiness.ie - targeting Ireland

Mybusiness.co.uk - targeting the uk

Now I want to sell the business, name, sites and the current stock. I have 3 potential buyers, Any advice?

Ps - someone mentioned I can't sell the .ie address - is that true? Any way of getting around it?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

You can sell the company and transfer the .ie domain in the sale of the assets.

Not sure what advice to give other than sell to the highest bidder. The website itself probably isn't worth that much as its an old version of Joomla with little content, but the domain and traffic may appeal to someone.

Look at payment options, ie payment upfront vs payment over a set period of time to de-risk the buy for a suiter as the chances are they may not be able to afford a big upfront fee etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bmalone1986

Oh sorry, I used mybusiness.ie and mybusiness.co.uk just as an example. I will pm you real address.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Ah that makes more sense! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

i sent you a pm. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 splash123

This is a great website for selling or buying an online business
    https://flippa.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement