Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPhone Replacement Cost?

• 29-08-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

My iphone 4 has a problem with the mic and the repair shops said it was in- repairable. I know apple in belfast will replace your broken iphone for like £120. Im thinking of getting it replaced in America. Do i need to call apple or anything or do i just bring to the apple store in america and pay the $149 for the refurb one and they will give it to me once the determine that something is actually wrong with it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

as far as a i know you need to book an appointment with a genius for servicing

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ros The Boss

I was talking with apple USA last month, you just need to phone them and give em CC details etc. and they'll collect it from you fix/replace it and send it back.

you need to be in the US or someone you know needs to be there with your phone.

if its out of warranty they just replace for the $150 or whatever it is.

one cool thing for the 3gs anyway, if you are getting it replaced you can request they upgrade your memory, for extra $$$. ie if you have a 8gb 3gs you could have it replaced with a 32gb one.

TBH I just bought a new (used) one on ebay, 32gb 3gs for €130. that was a lucky bargain but you'll see some good ones on gumtree.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

I got my iPhone 4 replaced out of warranty for €160ish here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭airbus125

Yeah my auntie is bringing it over to boston on tuesday and i phoned the store in boston last night and they said they dont have any 32gb iphone 4's left so from what i gathered online they will give me a 4s instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

airbus125 wrote: »
    Yeah my auntie is bringing it over to boston on tuesday and i phoned the store in boston last night and they said they dont have any 32gb iphone 4's left so from what i gathered online they will give me a 4s instead.
    Did you not ask the store what would happen?

• Advertisement
Advertisement