Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco VPN

Options
  • 29-08-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi All

I currently (in my office) run a cisco PIX 5.5e for vpn/firewall access. This is old technology I know and as tablets and smartphones are now becoming the norm, this box is a problem as apple/android phones and tablets cannot use their native vpn clients to access corporate servers etc.

Can anyone recommend a setup (ASA maybe)? that will work with the smartphone/tab clients

Bob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I like the PIX routers and have never had a problem with any other RAS or RDP technologies passing through. If you have the proper ports setup and port forwarding installed where applicable they should work just fine on a PIX as they would an ASA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

Can you not create IPSEC VPNs on the PIX ? These would be supported on the native iPhone VPN client, however they can become quite unmanageable if you have multiple users.

For an ASA setup you could run with Cisco Anyconnect or you can setup clientless SSL VPNs, which users can access from their browser. Licencing will be required for this support.

Advertisement