Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla root folder location

Options
  • 29-08-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have access to an account with a partner of mine in order to build a new site. We are using joomla on the selected domain.

I have the joomla install working at the template up and running with a new sql file imported. The only thing i can not find in the Blacknight CP is the location of the joomla root folder for the domain it is installed on.

in file manager for the domain i can see folders but no root joomla folder... where is this located?

Thanks
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Darren

If you grab one of our staff on live chat they'll be able to assist you :)

Regards

Michele

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Either wwwroot or htdocs usually. It may be under htdocs/www.domain.com or whatever. If you create a folder inside the root directory ie joomla, then you would need to type domain.com/joomla to access the site, or create a redirecting script. Probably better just to keep the joomla folder at root level though

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Blacknight hide them if there installed through the control panel.

you need to go to the application id

/webspace/httpdocs/application id

Something like that anyway.

if you manually installed it, its in httpdocs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Media999 wrote: »
    Blacknight hide them if there installed through the control panel.
    Thats a bit daft, I suppose you could see the reasons why also. I think if people are going to install a CMS/similar script its much better they are aware of the process. Alls well and good until something goes wrong :pac:

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

managed to get it sorted, strange to be honest that i needed to request FTP ownership of the joomla folders. I would have thought it would be assigned once you install from the app vault? hey ho

Cheers
    Darren

• Advertisement
Advertisement