Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you wear tracksuits?

• 29-08-2012 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I used to but then I turned 12, it just looks stupid I think, what's worse though is the Leinster Mafia, **** me Leinsters squad must be massive with the amount of full on Leinster trackies I see around the place, what's worse they think wearing it with a Hollister t-shirt is stylish :rolleyes:

Another thing is lads who wear football jerseys with jeans and tennis shoes lol they think they're dressing up heading to the local to spend their sunday lmao

*IN B4 BIEBER COMMENTS*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭hoochis

Only when I want to blend in with skangers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Track suit bottoms around the house, I don't tuck them into my socks though, might give it a go tonight and see why it's all the rage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

all i wear is tracksuits, the silky ones from the early 90s :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I do, but only to/from sporting activities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Usually on the way to the track, on the track and on the way home from the track.

Never down the dole office, or on my way to TK Maxx to pick up maternity clothes for my pregnant teenage girlfriend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Never really wear them except playing astroturf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I have a high vis jacket

irish-stew wrote: »
    I do, but only to/from sporting activities.

:pac:

you're using them wrong! they're for drinking cheap beer in and kicking peoples heads in, everyone knows that! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

For sporting/cleaning activities only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Why people want the waster loser look is beyond me.

Make yourself even more ridiculous

Step 1. Tuck the bottoms into your socks.:rolleyes:
    Step 2. Get an ear ring

Complete the look.

• Advertisement

I have one pair of tracksuit for wearing around the house. I don't even wear them going to and from playing sport anymore although its grand wearing them in that instance also along with actually taking part in sport obviously.

Wearing them for anything else is for peasants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What's wrong with tracksuit bottoms exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

yes when im out walking/keeping fit or when i am valeting cars for ppl, apart from that never. Tracksuits are not fashion.

nothing wrong with bottoms mate but when you combine them with a tracksuit top...
    WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOOKING AT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

davet82 wrote: »
    :pac:

you're using them wrong! they're for drinking cheap beer in and kicking peoples heads in, everyone knows that! :rolleyes:

I didn't say what I did at these sporting events.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Nah,either shorts or jeans,haven't worn a tracksuit or even tracksuit bottoms in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

A pair of O'Neills for lounging around the house in, and a few pairs of trackpants for the gym is all.

The high horse brigade think you're a knacker if you wear them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Its not that, all the posh blackrock heads swarm around UCD in their decked out Hollister attire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Yes we do!! *rides off on high horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I have a high vis jacket
    all i wear is tracksuits, the silky ones from the early 90s :cool:

I wear tight riding breeches.

You know, we three should grow handlebar moustaches and form some manner of all-male pop band, what do you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I do for the gym, for running and for lounging around the house. I don't see the problem with them.

Would you rather I freeze myself in shorts or go running in jeans since tracksuits are so unacceptable in all forms?

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Yes we do!! *rides off on high horse

Tayto, tayto!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

What would you call what you are wearing in any of the pictures you have posted on on boards, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The amount of attention tracksuits get on this forum relative to other forms of clothing is insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I wear tracksuits, and sometimes, I even wear them when I'm not exercising! *shock horror*

They're really comfy and warm. I can see why they don't give a good impression if you were to wear one to an interview or a wedding or something, but otherwise, what's the problem? They're just clothes!

The amount of attention tracksuits get on this forum relative to other forms of clothing is insane.

eh pajamas? :rolleyes:

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I wear tracksuits, and sometimes, I even wear them when I'm not exercising! *shock horror*

They're really comfy and warm. I can see why they don't give a good impression if you were to wear one to an interview or a wedding or something, but otherwise, what's the problem? They're just clothes!

i'm going to tramble you with my high horse :P

• Advertisement

WhiteRoses wrote: »

I think some people just like easy targets to vent their target at, and a tracksuit gives them a simple visual indicator that the wearer is "a fcukin junkie skobe kick ur head in give us a fag dere bud I'll bust ya! dole scrounger :rolleyes: etc."

It's laziness and snobbery, basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

I think tracksuits are best used for the purpose intended - exercise.

Unfortunately like a lot of things in this country, they have become hijacked and associated with scumbags.

Ficheall wrote: »
    What would you call what you are wearing in any of the pictures you have posted on on boards, OP?

Swag ?

There are days when I couldn't give a flying fcuk what I look like or what people think of me. Those are tracksuit days and I love them!

eh pajamas? :rolleyes:

Good point, though I can understand shock at pyjamas as they're almost considered underwear, and it still feels really strange to see them worn outdoors.

I can't for the life of me fathom, however, why anyone would be interested in the fact that other people might choose to wear tracksuits, unless they're snobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 meandmypalimmy

wear them whenever im in work. and shorts as well! u wont catch me in jeans or anything uncomfortable outside work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I actually like wearing bottoms around the house or just going out to have a kick about in the astro with. Wearing JD sports's finest right now.

"Cantos" (Canterbury of New Zealand) tracksuit trousers are just as bad, actually no there a lot worse.

D4 rugby heads with the things zipped from the leg up as far they're knees. Absolute cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

One would be willing to cast an eye over a thread on low-cut tops and short skirts if you got one going, Moo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

OP, you seem very critical on what other people wear and you and throw down on a lot of people for it. Not everyone has your amazing sense of fashion or flat out couldn't give a shit.

Ultimately though, we have a name for people like you in my community, we call them camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Tracksuits?

Have a bit of self respect and get a nice pair of perjarmers to wear around town!

Ficheall wrote: »
    One would be willing to cast an eye over a thread on low-cut tops and short skirts if you got one going, Moo.

It wouldn't be fair to start one without pictures, so wait till I get home and change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

What I think is worse is men wearing shorts all the time. I don't want to see your legs! There is no need to wear them in Ireland. The heat is never unbearable, far from it, and they are quite the fashion faux pas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Most days to college as I'm doing a health and sports science course and jeans aren't practical for gym work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I think they are just unsightly if you're wearing them in a casual manner and not for sports etc. They are also the uniform of the common thug. On top of that they look f*cking sh*t and not very fashionable. Why would you go outside in one? Beats the sh*t out of me.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    I actually like wearing bottoms around the house or just going out to have a kick about in the astro with. Wearing JD sports's finest right now.

"Cantos" (Canterbury of New Zealand) tracksuit trousers are just as bad, actually no there a lot worse.

D4 rugby heads with the things zipped from the leg up as far they're knees. Absolute cringe.

LMAO took me a second to see what you meant about the zip up to the knees but LOL!

1ZRed wrote: »
    OP, you seem very critical on what other people wear and you and throw down on a lot of people for it. Not everyone has your amazing sense of fashion or flat out couldn't give a shit.

Ultimately though, we have a name for people like you in my community, we call them camp.

Well people would say to me 'Bieber called, he wants his wardrobe back' which is a fair comment, I'm just expressing my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

What I think is worse is men wearing shorts all the time. I don't want to see your legs! There is no need to wear them in Ireland. The heat is never unbearable, far from it, and they are quite the fashion faux pas.

Shorts = less fabric to get wet during the mild wet irish "summer".

Or you're just jealous cos you have noodle legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    They are also the uniform of the common thug.
    Which do you think has caused greater catastrophe to this country, the man in the suit, or the man in sportswear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Only wear tracksuit bottoms in the house. My arse is too fat to subject the public to the sight of it in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Shorts = less fabric to get wet during the mild wet irish "summer".

Or you're just jealous cos you have noodle legs.

Yeah but then your legs get wet? And if your legs get wet what's the point in wearing trousers at all? Trousers are there to keep you dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I wouldn't wear one even if I was paid by Nike/rebok/ whoever as I don't want to look like a dole scrounging scumbag.

• Advertisement
Advertisement