Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you wear tracksuits?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

mauzo wrote: »
    Only wear tracksuit bottoms in the house. My arse is too fat to subject the public to the sight of it in them

Are we talking full on tracksuits or just the bottoms? I only wear the bottoms and just for when I'm exercising or in the house. That's fair enough I think.

And anyway, I wouldn't care if I saw other guys in tracksuit bottoms, they could be coming from training like me so I don't understand some of the initial judgement people get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

later12 wrote: »
    Which do you think has caused greater catastrophe to this country, the man in the suit, or the man in sportswear?

Suits look good though.

Tracksuits for anything other than sport = knackerwear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

1ZRed wrote: »
    mauzo wrote: »
    Only wear tracksuit bottoms in the house. My arse is too fat to subject the public to the sight of it in them

Are we talking full on tracksuits or just the bottoms? I only wear the bottoms and just for when I'm exercising or in the house. That's fair enough I think.

And anyway, I wouldn't care if I saw other guys in tracksuit bottoms, they could be coming from training like me so I don't understand some of the initial judgement people get.

Just the bottoms, wear them running or just floating around the house. So comfy...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

A ridiculous amount of penis on display in track suits these days.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Well people would say to me 'Bieber called, he wants his wardrobe back' which is a fair comment, I'm just expressing my opinion.

That's fair enough but you seem to throw down on a lot of people for what they wear, but in dismissive way. As in holster, Abercrombie or whatever is not good enough and guys shouldn't be wearing them. I doubt a lot of guys care tbh.

You gots problems wiv dat brah? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

That's fair enough but you seem to throw down on a lot of people for what they wear, but in dismissive way. As in holster, Abercrombie or whatever is not good enough and guys shouldn't be wearing them. I doubt a lot of guys care tbh.

I only do it because I hate the whole rugby mentality, I actually prefer it because it makes me seem more original with what I wear....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I only like tracksuits made by Armani or Prada anything else is just common. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

You gots problems wiv dat brah? :pac:

Not at all, it's about time men had an outlet to display their bouncing assets like women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I wore tracksuit bottoms to the shop one day, but I had to run home and get changed quick, due to an overwhelming urge to loiter at every corner on the way! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Dave0301 wrote: »
    I wore tracksuit bottoms to the shop one day, but I had to run home and get changed quick, due to an overwhelming urge to loiter at every corner on the way! :pac:

Email this guy.

He can help.

http://www.itv.com/jeremykyle/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Tracksuit bottoms while exercising and around the house. Occasionally at other times but try to wear nicer clothes with them so they don't look too slovenly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    for my pregnant teenage girlfriend.

:pac:

I only do it because I hate the whole rugby mentality, I actually prefer it because it makes me seem more original with what I wear....

What rugby mentality? If I was to wear holster or abercrombie clothes on a night out (no tracksuit/runners) would you still have a problem with that?
    Not at all, it's about time men had an outlet to display their bouncing assets like women.

I'm just fucking with you :p it's not appealing to have your package more evident in them. Canterburys are bad for it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Yeah but then your legs get wet? And if your legs get wet what's the point in wearing trousers at all? Trousers are there to keep you dry.

Legs dry quicker than trousers. Long trousers are for warmth and it's usually warm enough for me to wear shorts for most of the year.

Most trouser fabrics don't have good waterproofing. Denim is particularly poor as once it gets wet it takes a long time to dry.

Maybe shorts aren't sartorially cool, but my legs feel cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Dave0301 wrote: »

Luckily, you were able to run quickly to change thanks to the lightweight fabric and loose fitting of the tracksuit bottoms.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Wouldn't wear them outside the apartment unless I have a game, I am training or heading to the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Which do you think has caused greater catastrophe to this country, the man in the suit, or the man in sportswear?

Ain't that the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

WTF does that have to do with how items of clothing actually look?

I'll tell you - I'm nice like that - nothing.

Tracksuits are, with some minor exceptions (such as for those who exercise or need the tracksuits for work etc) the uniforms of the feckless and of those mostly worthless to society.

Bring back hanging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

WTF does that have to do with how items of clothing actually look?
    Hello there.

Calm down, petal, and I'll tell you as succinctly as possible.

I was responding to a poster who described the tracksuit as the uniform of the common thug. It sort of reminded me of Chuck Stone's thread some time back (referenced above). I decided that if the tracksuit might be the uniform of the thug, then perhaps one ought consider the suit the uniform of the common crook.

Moving along, you sound sublimely intelligent ; what are you wearing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Luckily, you were able to run quickly to change thanks to the lightweight fabric and loose fitting of the tracksuit bottoms.

Once I got my top hat and monocle back on, I was able to safely proceed to said shop for my pint of milk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Legs dry quicker than trousers. Long trousers are for warmth and it's usually warm enough for me to wear shorts for most of the year.

Most trouser fabrics don't have good waterproofing. Denim is particularly poor as once it gets wet it takes a long time to dry.

Maybe shorts aren't sartorially cool, but my legs feel cool.

Fair enough. i just don't like the look of them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I wear tracksuits around the house a lot. Sometimes I even go down to the shop and buy a bag of cans in it! :eek:

Btw tracksuits are useless for bushing (drinking in a field). A stout pair of waterproof boots and a good ¾ length jacket with a pair of combats (for the utility of multiple pockets) is best.

Why, just this last Saturday we were drinking in a field, under the stars, with a fire blazing in an old barbecue (albeit on a camp site). Wasn't wearing a track suit though as that would be stupid.

Hello there.

Calm down, petal, and I'll tell you as succinctly as possible.

I was responding to a poster who described the tracksuit as the uniform of the common thug. It sort of reminded me of Chuck Stone's thread some time back (referenced above). I decided that if the tracksuit might be the uniform of the thug, then perhaps one ought consider the suit the uniform of the common crook.

Moving along, you sound sublimely intelligent ; what are you wearing?

Well - you're wrong, petal. I think you'll find that most crooks in Irish society are of the tracksuit brigade... and I'm wearing a robe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I used to but then I turned 12, it just looks stupid I think, what's worse though is the Leinster Mafia, **** me Leinsters squad must be massive with the amount of full on Leinster trackies I see around the place, what's worse they think wearing it with a Hollister t-shirt is stylish :rolleyes:

Another thing is lads who wear football jerseys with jeans and tennis shoes lol they think they're dressing up heading to the local to spend their sunday lmao

*IN B4 BIEBER COMMENTS*

at home yes, maybe going out for the paper but that its it.

why is someone in shiny tracksuit a knacker and someone wearing cantos and rugger jersey respectable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

What's wrong with tracksuit bottoms exactly?

they suggest you could not be bothered your hole to make an effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AMAZEBALLZ_69

Hell yeah..absolutely loving my ass in my pink pair of velour trackies. Lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

never a full matching tracksuit but "fatman" pants if im hungover, lazing round the house. ive to wear trousers and shoes 5 days a week...am i fcuk dressing up to nip down the shops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Well - you're wrong, petal. I think you'll find that most crooks in Irish society are of the tracksuit brigade... and I'm wearing a robe.
    Close your legs petal, we can see your rigging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

yep it is all fine to degrade TS wearing, but what about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Wouldn't wear a full on tracksuit unless I was an athlete or something. But tracksuit bottoms and sweat pants are grand and comfy, so I do wear them sometimes (in or out of house, though not on a night out or anything)

I don't see the big deal with people wearing them. The clothes do not maketh the man etc. A scumbag in an Armani suit would still be a fúcking scumbag.

Close your legs petal, we can see your rigging.

I'm indoors so it's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

wear shoes trousers and shirt and tie 5 days a week to work,so when i have a day off like today and tomorrow i wear baggy tracksuit bottoms and hoody,so feckin comfortable!gona down to tesco in a while for drink and be still wearing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Not out in public since I was searched by the guards one night when I was 14, they must have thought I had a lump of hash in my pocket or something. Every pair of jeans I had were in the wash so had to wear a tracksuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nope..immediately associate them with lower class scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Why do scumbags wear tracksuits? Can they even spell gym? Surely if you wear leisure wear it would indicate that you go to a gym or a take an interest in sports or healthy pursuits but every scumbag I see that wears a tracksuit has that yellow jaundiced look or pushes a buggy with 5 or 6 crusty snotted nose kids hanging off her

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Yeah for sport and on occcasion to work, before I change into uniform, when you do 12 hour shifts and its dark when u get up and when u go home, fashion is not a top priority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

mackg wrote: »
    Never really wear them except playing astroturf.

I'm always wary of fellas wearing tracksuit bottoms when playing football :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yep, in fact wearing an Adidas Tracksuit right now :P . Seriously never understand the issues people have with them, I wear them as they are comfortable, I just find jeans etc far too uncomfortable, don't understand why people like wearing jeans either but that's for another topic!

Nick

• Advertisement

Seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Yes I often wear tracksuits. I don't see what the big deal is. I wear whatever is comfortable. I'm not going to wear something just because some snob thinks its in fashion.

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Why do scumbags wear tracksuits? Can they even spell gym? Surely if you wear leisure wear it would indicate that you go to a gym or a take an interest in sports or healthy pursuits but every scumbag I see that wears a tracksuit has that yellow jaundiced look or pushes a buggy with 5 or 6 crusty snotted nose kids hanging off her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

pookiesboo wrote: »

One thing missing I would have added to the post was "severely freckled" just before snotted nose kids.Tracksuited scumbags always have really freckled children, more so than a normal child!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Fuinseog wrote: »
    they suggest you could not be bothered your hole to make an effort.

But that doesn't answer the question: what's wrong with that? People generally don't seem to care too much about the appearance of random members of the public, so why should they care about it when they're wearing a tracksuit, and not a t-shirt and jeans, which requires next to no effort.
    yep it is all fine to degrade TS wearing, but what about

Jesus, the suspense is killing me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

The thing I find funny about track suits is that all the Knacker/Scanger kids wear the cheap(er) Adidas/Nike tracks while the posh South Dublin kids all wear Abercrombie/Hollester tracks...

So the coarsest and the poshest members of the society both wear tracks everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Yea I do sometimes and shock shock I don't look like a knacker,skanger or scumbag!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

I can't believe some of the ****e I am reading on this thread. If you want to wear tracksuits outside or are comfortable in them wear them. All this rubbish about fashion trends and stigmatising people in tracksuits as knackers etc is childish and stupid. I wear tracksuits regularly because there comfortable and would not stop wearing them because some eejit thinks I am a knacker or should follow some fashion trend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Not all people who wear tracksuits are skangers. The Yakusa usually wear suits. Does that mean all Japanese businessmen are gangsters? Unless you're going around with combats and a balaclava who the feck cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Remember when those Juicy Couture tracksuits were all the rage a few years back with celebrities and then the trend trickled down to chavs wearing them with chubby chavs having 'Juicy' stretched across their big behinds :D

* Note not all chavs are chubby and before ye get offended Im sure ye looked like Eva Longoria wearing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

The only thing worse than a chubby chav wedged into a pair of fake couture pants, and seeing the seams under severe pressure is seeing the chavs usually pushing a buggy, in a pair of velour pants, and a furry jacket, looking like she needs a few mugs of complan and a good sunday dinner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement