Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you wear tracksuits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Remember when those Juicy Couture tracksuits were all the rage a few years back with celebrities and then the trend trickled down to chavs wearing them with chubby chavs having 'Juicy' stretched across their big behinds :D

* Note not all chavs are chubby and before ye get offended Im sure ye looked like Eva Longoria wearing them

Nothing worse than the sight of a chubby chav wearing "Juicy" tracksuits. Usually when I spot them they are pushing a buggy towards the social welfare office to sign for the 350th time, I'd imagine they are loving the recession now, an excuse to have another child with dude number 4, childrens allowance X4 means more dutch gold for the fridge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I wear tracksuits and a hat. Come down from up there on your high horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I wear tracksuits and a hat. Come down from up there on your high horses.

A proper hat such as a panama or a Burberry tartan hat / cap?

juan.kerr wrote: »
    A proper hat such as a panama or a Burberry tartan hat / cap?

A plain NY hat. And no, not at a 45 degree angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Only if my pajamas are in the wash (rare enough, just like a proper skanger).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

All the time, hate jeans .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

When I'm not going out anywhere or if I'm going to the gym I wear tracksuits they're really comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

I have one pair of tracksuit bottoms that I wear when I'm out for a walk. Otherwise, I don't wear them. Not because I'm afraid of what the likes of the judgmental folk on boards think either. Honestly, who gives a **** what other people wear?
    Get a life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

No .... They are cheap and nasty and I keep thinking off norries/ skangers in their matching track suits

Also in most other countries they are worn for sport . They are for poor people who can't afford proper clothes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Nope, wouldnt be seen dead in one. I don't even like wearing them on the way to exercise in case anyone thought I was wearing them by choice.

However I don't really give a ****e what anyone else wears, if you are comfortable in them wear them.

I quit wearing tracksuits mainly because I was stopped by the guards and searched for drugs one night when I was walking home which annoyed me because I don't touch the stuff, and I was in a secondary school which was well known for being full of scumbags that often broke the rules of the school and didn't wear the uniform or not the full uniform and came in wearing tracksuits or tracksuit bottoms, was made go there as CBS have this retarded rule that if you don't have a blood relative that went there, your chances of getting in were slim. Since then I just despise scumbags as they were allowed to get away with murder in school.

Wearing tracksuits all the time is unattractive I think, fair enough if you like to wear them around the house or to exercise, or occasionally in town. Try have a varied wardrobe and keep it interesting. I'm no style guru by the way, I just have a thing against tracksuits.

Only if my pajamas are in the wash (rare enough, just like a proper skanger).
    Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭userfriendly2

Love the tracksuits. Great for just doing nothing in, lounging around or driving round to a mates for a game of cod or fifa. Didnt think there would be so many judgemental ppl on here hu are also worried they might be mistaken for "skangers" just coz they wear comfortable clothes. Get a grip ppl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

For those defending wearing them because they're comfortable fair enough, but you must agree any time you see a dodgy character/skanger for example hanging around Connolly Station or on red line Luas they will be wearing a tracksuit.

It's their uniform and believe me when I tell you that people automatically judge people who go to pubs/shops etc in track suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

A plain NY hat. And no, not at a 45 degree angle

Oh tell me more about how much a fan you are of the Yankees

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Oh tell me more about how much a fan you are of the Yankees

Oh tell me more of how much a fan you are of using meme sayings to make yourself feel happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

girlonfire wrote: »
    I have one pair of tracksuit bottoms that I wear when I'm out for a walk. Otherwise, I don't wear them. Not because I'm afraid of what the likes of the judgmental folk on boards think either. Honestly, who gives a **** what other people wear?
    Get a life!

Like, hello? The Fashion Police.

Yea i agree a lot of dodgy characters do wear tracksuits. But i would wager they are the knocked off version from fairyhouse or moore/meath street. They're cheaper.
    Take a walk into unique in the ilac or storm beside M & S and have a look at some of the dodge balls in there buying jeans and shirts and shoes etc. I think its more to do with the price than the clothing. And sure let people automatically judge if they want. Its no harm. I will agree that in some instances a tracksuit would be inappropriate ie, an interview or funeral but then again lots of different outfits would be inappropriate for certain occassions.

• Advertisement

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    No .... They are cheap and nasty and I keep thinking off norries/ skangers in their matching track suits

Cheap?? Maybe the knock-offs!! Plenty of tracksuits going for well over the 150 euro mark. Dunno bout you man but i dont class that as cheap..

And sure let people automatically judge if they want..

Exactly, I have feck all hair from a medical condition and I wear a hat all the time. Hats dont go well with "formal" clothes that the snobs on here think everyone should wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

billyhead wrote: »
    I can't believe some of the ****e I am reading on this thread. If you want to wear tracksuits outside or are comfortable in them wear them. All this rubbish about fashion trends and stigmatising people in tracksuits as knackers etc is childish and stupid. I wear tracksuits regularly because there comfortable and would not stop wearing them because some eejit thinks I am a knacker or should follow some fashion trend

Easy lads, don't rile him he's probably got a knife...

:pac:

Seriously though, I don't wear tracksuits because I don't like them. That's my preference, but about half my friends do on a regular basis and they aren't scumbags. It's a stupid conclusion to jump to that everyone who wears them is.

At the same time it goes without saying that people who wear tracksuits and defend their right to without being labelled scumbags so valiantly aren't the same people you see posting in here calling those who wear chinos dickheads/fashion victims or telling people who dress in baggy jeans and metal t-shirts to grow up...doesn't it?

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Since then I just despise scumbags as they were allowed to get away with murder

Got away with murder:-O

If only they weren't wearing tracksuits!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

I've never worn a nike, reebok, etc tracksuit. The last time I wore a tracksuit I was in secondary school and it was my school's offical tracksuit. I only own a few pairs of cotton jogging bottoms I wear only to the gym. Tracksuits are not fashion!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 carbob

okay well I wear them see nothing wrong as long as they are clean and some what tidy looking, speaking as a single mother who does not get time to worry about what I wear on a normal day basic, just because you don't like them does not mean they are a wrong thing to wear.

1. wearing them to job/interview wrong
    2. meeting wrong
    3. date wrong
    4. comfort at home why not?

• Advertisement

Don't quote me on this but apparently if intimidating, criminal, knacker, scumbag, skanger types remove their tracksuits they automatically see the error of their ways and strive to help others whenever and wherever they can.
    They will no longer fight, scream, stab, intimidate or drink in public, for without the tracksuit these actions become impossible. It is the tracksuit that is the cause of all petty crime in the state!!!

Don't quote me on this but apparently if intimidating, criminal, knacker, scumbag, skanger types remove their tracksuits they automatically see the error of their ways and strive to help others whenever and wherever they can.
    They will no longer fight, scream, stab, intimidate or drink in public, for without the tracksuit these actions become impossible. It is the tracksuit that is the cause of all petty crime in the state!!!

Really where is the proof of this? would need to see facts before i believed it.

Got away with murder:-O

If only they weren't wearing tracksuits!!!

Just saying the tracksuited people in school were pure scum that brought down anyone that actually obeyed the rules of the school, and I am talking about the very basic rules, you know? like behaving, doing whatever work you're given, not disrupting the class constantly, wearing the uniform (nobody likes wearing a uniform but why should the rules differ for other people)...basically the tracksuited folk were the people I hated that got away with **** nobody else would get away with I wouldn't want to be in the same room with again ever! I didn't want to be anything like them which included me not wearing a tracksuit. Weird issue I know but secondary school was hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I often wonder why society is like this, ie.Jeans and trousers are supposed to be more sophisticated and a lot more decent even though they aren't as comfortable as tracksuit bottoms.

Why cant it be the other way around? We could all walk around it comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    I often wonder why society is like this, ie.Jeans and trousers are supposed to be more sophisticated and a lot more decent even though they aren't as comfortable as tracksuit bottoms.

For the simple reason that tracksuit bottoms don't look as good as jeans or other types of pants

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    For the simple reason that tracksuit bottoms don't look as good as jeans or other types of pants

Ok fair enough,it would be nice though.

Most jeans dont look very nice - im my opinion anyway.

I agree, I actually do not understand why people feel they have the right to judge you on what you wear, seriously get over yourselves there is more to people than what they wear!

carbob wrote: »

Really where is the proof of this? would need to see facts before i believed it.

Yeah it was on RTE the other day they done some sort of social experiment whereby they took some rich, posh and well respected member of dublins southside community and dressed him in a tracksuit. What happened next was amazing- and disgusting; He went straight to the shop and bought a pack of johnny blue, came out, hopped on the luas(without paying) started shouting racial slurs at the polish security guards working on the luas, hopped off at jervis street. Quickly sourced an unlocked bike outside ben dunnes gym and stole it. (This guy never even knew how to cycle and yet here he was pulling wheelies on a push bike up henry street)!! He made his way up to the spire( tagged it with his graffiti paint marker) before crossing the road( while the pedestrian light was red) and heading towards abbey street to stand with a group of people he never met outside spar and ask passers by if they wanted any yokes or wanted to buy a bike!!
    This guy used to be an investment banker!!
    Anyway they got him out of the tracksuit two days later when they found him in a field in tallaght stuck to a matress. He is recovering and plans on taking legal action against Nike for ruining his life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

I wish to participate in this movement, just cannot stand wearing jeans/trousers/anything except for tracksuit bottoms. I have jeans from tommy hilfiger/gap/john rocca/etc and none even come close to the comfort levels of my €10 tracksuit bottoms!

My options are :

1) walk around town in uncomfortable jeans so some random judgemental idiot I've never met before is satisfied with my clothing selection
    2) walk around town comfortable in tracksuit bottoms

Can anyone honestly argue that jeans are more comfortable than even the most basic tracksuit bottoms? If not, then is your own comfort not more important than other peoples opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I agree, I actually do not understand why people feel they have the right to judge you on what you wear, seriously get over yourselves there is more to people than what they wear!

It's a first world problem you see. We have no actual worries or problems so, such is the human condition, we have to make them up. People need to feel like they are above others and people who live in disadvantaged areas and who also happen to wear tracksuits are the perfect targets. They need to know that they were right to go to college and get a job rather than stay on the dole. People from D4 and the like need to judge others on what they wear in order to further their opinion that they are better than everyone else. I hope you understand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

The way people are going on this thread you'd swear wearing a pair of jeans was comparable to being locked in an Iron Maiden, I wear jeans a lot and if you get a pair that fit you properly they aren't uncomfortable.

It's a first world problem you see. We have no actual worries or problems so, such is the human condition, we have to make them up. People need to feel like they are above others and people who live in disadvantaged areas and who also happen to wear tracksuits are the perfect targets. They need to know that they were right to go to college and get a job rather than stay on the dole. People from D4 and the like need to judge others on what they wear in order to further their opinion that they are better than everyone else. I hope you understand :D

Good post,i never thought of it like this.

Yeah it was on RTE the other day they done some sort of social experiment whereby they took some rich, posh and well respected member of dublins southside community and dressed him in a tracksuit. What happened next was amazing- and disgusting; He went straight to the shop and bought a pack of johnny blue, came out, hopped on the luas(without paying) started shouting racial slurs at the polish security guards working on the luas, hopped off at jervis street. Quickly sourced an unlocked bike outside ben dunnes gym and stole it. (This guy never even knew how to cycle and yet here he was pulling wheelies on a push bike up henry street)!! He made his way up to the spire( tagged it with his graffiti paint marker) before crossing the road( while the pedestrian light was red) and heading towards abbey street to stand with a group of people he never met outside spar and ask passers by if they wanted any yokes or wanted to buy a bike!!
    This guy used to be an investment banker!!
    Anyway they got him out of the tracksuit two days later when they found him in a field in tallaght stuck to a matress. He is recovering and plans on taking legal action against Nike for ruining his life!!

okay you got me on that one haha I still think you shouldn't be judged if you want to wear a tracksuit I wear them and certainly would not act like this or in any way disrespectful mannor to anybody!

haha I have two jobs, no I did not go to college but this fact does not make me a lesser person than a person who did, so no I do not understand and I would also like to add I am not from a disadvantaged area and yes I do wear tracksuits they are comfortable nothing wrong with that!

mackg wrote: »
    The way people are going on this thread you'd swear wearing a pair of jeans was comparable to being locked in an Iron Maiden, I wear jeans a lot and if you get a pair that fit you properly they aren't uncomfortable.

I didnt mean that all jeans are uncomfortable,but tracksuit pants are alot more comfortable over all,hence why alot of people have a pair for lounging around the house instead of a pair of jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

haha I have two jobs, no I did not go to college but this fact does not make me a lesser person than a person who did, so no I do not understand and I would also like to add I am not from a disadvantaged area and yes I do wear tracksuits they are comfortable nothing wrong with that!

Then we are in agreement my friend!

Then we are in agreement my friend!

Are we really do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

davet82 wrote: »

you're using them wrong! they're for drinking cheap beer in and kicking peoples heads in, everyone knows that! :rolleyes:

That is one sick ****ing joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I used to but then I turned 12, it just looks stupid I think, what's worse though is the Leinster Mafia, **** me Leinsters squad must be massive with the amount of full on Leinster trackies I see around the place, what's worse they think wearing it with a Hollister t-shirt is stylish :rolleyes:

Another thing is lads who wear football jerseys with jeans and tennis shoes lol they think they're dressing up heading to the local to spend their sunday lmao

*IN B4 BIEBER COMMENTS*

People can wear what they want. We don't all have to check with the fashion police first....http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80501051

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

What's wrong with tracksuit bottoms exactly?

When worn constantly, they're assosciated with laziness & a "just could'nt be bothered to do anything, let others do it" attitude

poppyvally wrote: »
    davet82 wrote: »

you're using them wrong! they're for drinking cheap beer in and kicking peoples heads in, everyone knows that! :rolleyes:

That is one sick ****ing joke!

Its not a joke apparently tracksuit bottoms are more washing machine friendly and therefore the bloodstains, piss, and spilled beer comes out a lot easier.

Why wear anything else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

All the time I just think they are a very comfortable attire.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Yes I wear them all the time and I don't give a fúck if people don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Very rarely, pretty much just when I'm lazing about the house. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkdaisy

Sorry what's the issue with tracksuits?
    There's nothing wrong with people that wear tracksuits.

There is more than likely something wrong with you.

Advertisement