Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you wear tracksuits?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nope, I never wear tracksuits. Even in the gym I wear running leggings and some sort of dri-fit top. Each to their own though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Novella wrote: »
    Nope, I never wear tracksuits. Even in the gym I wear running leggings and some sort of dri-fit top. Each to their own though! :)

Go on .... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I can't really, when I go out in a tracksuit I get old ladies yelling at me to "LEAVE IT BLEEDIN' OUWWWW"... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I saw someone wearing a pink tracksuit with I ♥ PB

Why do they love Lead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

stoneill wrote: »
    I saw someone wearing a pink tracksuit with [SIZE="5"]I ♥ PB[/SIZE]

Why do they love Lead?

Ha..Paul's boutique is the new juicy I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Novella wrote: »

Same here,I never wear tracksuits either.When I go to the gym I wear an Armani suit just so I won't be classed as a chav.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Cheap?? Maybe the knock-offs!! Plenty of tracksuits going for well over the 150 euro mark. Dunno bout you man but i dont class that as cheap..

Some tracksuits can go for over a grand.I have to laugh at people who suggest that people wear tracksuits because there cheap they were originally desirable because they were expensive it was to show off.I grew up on a border area between rich and poor and ill use this next term lightly real "g's" would never buy anything fake the whole point of buying a 400 lacoste trackie is to brag about how much you paid for it.Much the same why Nike air max are the most popular runner because a custom pair can cost up to 300

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stoneill wrote: »
    I saw someone wearing a pink tracksuit with I ♥ PB

Why do they love Lead?

but Lead is Pb..the nomenclature is all wrong

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Uncomfortable jeans? Trackies not classy, PJs utterly beyond the plae?

I present jean pajamas.

May be jeggings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The amount of insecurity and snobbery in this thread is unbelievable.

People, adults!, choosing not to wear certain clothes because of what anonymous members of the public might think of them.

People using the word "chav" without irony. How can anyone take such a person seriously?
    x_Ellie_x wrote: »
    I've never worn a nike, reebok, etc tracksuit. The last time I wore a tracksuit I was in secondary school and it was my school's offical tracksuit. I only own a few pairs of cotton jogging bottoms I wear only to the gym. Tracksuits are not fashion!

This sentence doesn't make sense to me. What is fashion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

davet82 wrote: »
    all i wear is tracksuits, the silky ones from the early 90s :cool:

Them silky ones are great never need to be ironed even straight from the dryer/ clothes airer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

This sentence doesn't make sense to me. What is fashion?

It's what's currently considered to be in vogue. Hot off the shelves etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'd rather wear a tracksuit than 90% of the shite they sell in Topman :rolleyes:

Skinny jeans, chinos etc....the state of them.

For the record I have a couple of pairs of trackie ends, wear them in winter round the house (usually wear shorts at home) or if I am running to the shop for milk etc

kfallon wrote: »
    I'd rather wear a tracksuit than 90% of the shite they sell in Topman :rolleyes:

For the record I have a couple of pairs of trackie ends, wear them in winter round the house (usually wear shorts at home) or if I am running to the shop for milk etc

What's wrong with chinos? I'm wearing them now in my semi-formal attire I force myself to wear at work. Better than slacks I suppose :eek:

I'd wear trackie bottoms round the house, or if going on a run.
    That's it.

I wear them for exercise
    otherwise no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    What's wrong with chinos? I'm wearing them now in my semi-formal attire I force myself to wear at work. Better than slacks I suppose :eek:

Chino wanker :pac:

Never liked chinos and especially the ones that are considered fashion now, skinny at the end and you have to wear white 'plimsoles' that look like they cost about €5 in Penneys ffs!

Chino wanker :pac:

Never liked chinos and especially the ones that are considered fashion now, skinny at the end and you have to wear white 'plimsoles' that look like they cost about €5 in Penneys ffs!

No, they're not like that. They fit comfortably. I just hate slacks like they all wear in this office. So I wear chinos or jeans and a shirt, not tucked in. And usually unshaven. And hungover. I don't know why they employ me.

It's what's currently considered to be in vogue. Hot off the shelves etc.

I learn something new every day.

And what's currently in vogue? And why are tracksuits not currently in vogue?

I learn something new every day.

And what's currently in vogue? And why are tracksuits not currently in vogue?

Because they look sh*t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have a few pairs of trackies. They're the Gabor Kiraly style cotton types that are elastciated at the end. Wear them if I'm around the house or heading to the cinema or whatever. Can't beat them tbh.

They're the Gabor Kiraly style cotton types that are elastciated at the end. .
    Ohhhhh, suit you sir, suit you!

Because they look sh*t!

As opposed to whatever happens to be fashionable for a few months? That's what I don't really get about x Ellie x's distinction between tracksuits and fashion: it seems to me like it's based on the idea that fashion(able clothes) look good, which I don't think is necessarily always true.

I also think it's quite possible that tracksuits could become fashionable and therefore somewhat popular. They might even be fashionable right now, for all I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Nothing wrong with tracksuits, they are actually a hell of a lot warmer than jeans and definitely needed in this country.

If you're judging someone on how they dress, you're the one with the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

When I'm exercising, or around the house.
    I would not ever want to be seen wearing them on any other occasion, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Ohhhhh, suit you sir, suit you!
    I've one motto in life; What's good enough for Gabor Kiraly is good enough for me.

Worked out well so far.

I've one motto in life; What's good enough for Gabor Kiraly is good enough for me.

Worked out well so far.
    Balls in your box? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I want one of them black leather addidas jobs with the gold stripes that the former sov-block lads wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

So chinos look shyte now as well as trackies? Jasus what is a man supposed to wear? How about whatever he likes and fu*k what anyone else thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

+1 because I hate Topman. I don't know why they try to dress you up as a metrosexual with their tight jeans and camp tshirts. You can get a few things there but yeah, definitely that's only 10%. And I could do without them too tbh

It's all subjective. No matter what you wear there's always going to be somebody who doesn't like it. Anyway, fashion trends change so regularly its difficult to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

A scumbag in an Armani suit would still be a fúcking scumbag.

Thats a trend I'd love to see take off!:D

Never have before but I got my first pair of fatman pants recently and haven't taken them off since, if wearing them makes me a knacker then call me Missus Knacker. I drank a can while wearing them too, felt good. All you naysayers should try it then you'll see maybe stop looking down at the 'knackers' a bit and see they're on to something.

Tracksuits are damn comfy, very sad to be so concerned about what yourself and others look like all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I guess some people just feel comfortable looking like a knacker. Others have a keen sense of self respect and fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

All the time i'd like to see someone rockclimb in skinny jeans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Aidric wrote: »
    I guess some people just feel comfortable looking like a knacker. Others have a keen sense of self respect and fashion.

You can still wear other things besides skinny jeans and chinos, like normal jeans and other good quality branded clothes and not be a knacker. Topman stuff is very.. Distinct I'll say. For the most part, it's not my thing. That doesn't mean you haven't "a keen sense of fashion" or any self respect if you don't wear stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Tracksuits have their place. If your involved in sport or working out. After that I always associate them with laziness and a general low class look.
    How any adult thinks they'll be taken seriously wearing track suits is beyond me.
    All I think is;
    Grow up.
    Get dressed.
    Please don't rob me because your obviously a scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Just my shell suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

Arawn wrote: »
    All the time i'd like to see someone rockclimb in skinny jeans

I'd imagine serious chaffing. :eek:

Aidric wrote: »

The words "sense" and "fashion" really don't belong so close together, and putting "self respect" between them seems like a bit of a joke.

bbam wrote: »
    Tracksuits have their place. If your involved in sport or working out. After that I always associate them with laziness and a general low class look.
    How any adult thinks they'll be taken seriously wearing track suits is beyond me.
    All I think is;
    Grow up.
    Get dressed.
    Please don't rob me because your obviously a scumbag.

It depends on where you're wearing them. It's not like I'd wear them to a job interview. Why do I need people to take me seriously if I'm just going to my local shop or hanging around the house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

The people chastising others fro wearing tracksuits are probaly the like who wear those skinny jeans, pink shirts, ugg boots. As long as your not walking around stark naked nobody should give a **** what people wear. If you want to and like wearing tracksuits wear them if you don't the don't but calling people low class and stereotyping them for wearing them is childish and stupid. I love wearing tracksuits because of the sporty and comfortable feel and the freedom of movement they provide compared to jeans or trousers and couldn't give a toss if other people have negative opinions of me for wearing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

i wear tracksuits everyday unless im in work

I go to the gym most nights and cant be arsed to wear jeans or trousers even at the weekend

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bbam wrote: »
    Tracksuits have their place. If your involved in sport or working out.

Same with jeans, originally designed as workwear should it be considered unusual for people to wear them off the building site? In ways I cannot understand how a plain pair of navy or black tracksuit bottoms are considered inappropriate but yet ripped/skinny etc type jeans are accepted. I'm 24 from a "middle class" area and wear tracksuits and runners all the time (Air Max too, they last ages and out of all the ones I've tried are the most comfortable).
    To add to the opposite side of the arguement I cannot really take the likes of Bertie, Cowen, Enda, and any of the other politicians "suited up" seriously. Same goes for the bankers etc...

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I've to wear job issued ones in work for certain events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

Don't wear tracksuits, can't stand the aforementioned skinny jeans either. Loose fitting jeans for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Trakkie bottoms and a hoodie if im just goin for a session. Its just a recent thing mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Only in the gym/training/running.

As it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

Usually when I am running and when I me headding to/from running place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I don't wear a full tracksuit, only have purchased trackie pants.

Tbh their are days when I couldn't give too hoots what the fashion moguls say about wearing trackie pants. Their are days I like wearing them with a vest-top and hoodie over then if I am cold.

I wear them jogging in Autumn & Winter months ; on those 'I couldn't give too hoots what anyone thinks' days and then when going to the swimming-pool. I normally only wear shorts to and from the gym, unless it is seriously cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I wear them around the house the odd time. They're quite comfortable. I only have one. I wouldn't be seen dead in it outside. Oh dear god no

• Advertisement
Advertisement