Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speedy PC pro

• 29-08-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has this programme on their pc/laptop and if it's worth buying?

The following is a quote from an email they sent me:

SpeedyPC Pro boasts a complete suite of computer optimization tools. Combined, they address the common problem areas that cause your PC to be sluggish and perform erratically. SpeedyPC Pro can speed up and optimize your computer by removing malware, cleaning the Windows registry, defragging your hard drive, and getting rid of junk files and clutter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not worth paying for, ccleaner and defraggler do the same thing for free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

PogMoThoin wrote: »

I agree, everyone with a PC/Laptop should have Ccleaner installed and use it every day/night prior to shutdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Thirded.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

That's good to know - thank you for the speedy replies

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If you want an "All in One" tuneup application Glary Utilities (Don't install toolbar) is freeware. But I would also reccomend the CCleaner route, and Defraggler isn't bad for defragging

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

I find JV power tools (not free) a great registry tool and use CCleaner for the cleaning of old/temp files..

Found window washer a great tool as well but not free, does the same as ccleaner but a few more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Klondike1985

One thing I don't understand, why install a software, like Defraggler for deframentation when all Windows OSs have build in deframentation tool. CCleaner is OK, I've used it, but in my case it wasn't much of a helper. If anyone is to use it be careful with the registry tool in it.
    My advice would be to use the build in tools, disk cleaner and deframentation tool, after that scan your pc with your antivirus program, check your disk for errors and Voilà.
    PS: The message you got is a standard generated answer or promotion text, which almost any type of software selling company uses.

Because Klondike they are better and more efficient versus the windows stuff, imo anyway.

Ive never had a registry issue but it always prompts to backup so if you dont then its your own fault.

The thing is fionny that I have never had an issue with my OS system. In my previous years when I use to run with Windows I always kept a back-up.
    Linux FTW :P

The thing is fionny that I have never had an issue with my OS system. In my previous years when I use to run with Windows I always kept a back-up.
    Linux FTW :P

Linux is great but currently it doesnt suit many peoples needs. Anyway the OP should be sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

One thing I don't understand, why install a software, like Defraggler for deframentation when all Windows OSs have build in deframentation tool.

Because it's better, the one in Windows XP doesn't do scheduling. They added scheduling to the Windows one in Vista, but it's still a piss poor defragmenter and it doesn't do boot time defrag of the pagefile. You can test this if you want, do a Win Vista/7 defrag, then install Defraggler and you'll see the drive will be still fragmented

I'm put it to the test then, this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Defrafgler became Godlike a little while ago when they pushed a rather powerful update tht finally let's you run an offline, pre-boot defrag with it, something that's normally reserved for payware defrag tools

Furthermore it also gives you the option of "replacing" the standard windows defrag utility. Haven't looked into exactly what that means to me though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Overheal wrote: »
    Defrafgler became Godlike a little while ago when they pushed a rather powerful update tht finally let's you run an offline, pre-boot defrag with it, something that's normally reserved for payware defrag tools

Furthermore it also gives you the option of "replacing" the standard windows defrag utility. Haven't looked into exactly what that means to me though

Piraform (sp??) are an excellent company. All their products (speccy, CCleaner, Recuva, Defraggler) work so well it's hard to believe they are free :)

Nick

If I was a richer man I'd have paid them off years ago (Piriform)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Defrag deletes system restore points

Whenever I use 3rd party defrag like defraggler it deletes all my system restore points

This happened to me. I noticed it when deleting old restore points. They were gone after using Defraggler. Just something to watch out for.

Microsoft answers

Piriform

Solution

kevmol88 wrote: »
    This happened to me. I noticed it when deleting old restore points. They were gone after using Defraggler. Just something to watch out for.

Microsoft answers

Piriform

Solution
    Extremely noteworthy. Thank you.

Advertisement