Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jalapenos

Options
  • 29-08-2012 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get Jalapenos in brine, not a fan of the pickled ones at all. Either online or Bricks & Mortar in Dublin.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ShaneK101

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could get Jalapenos in brine, not a fan of the pickled ones at all. Either online or Bricks & Mortar in Dublin.

Thanks.

What size are you looking for..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Tesco do them, chopped up not whole tho. I throw the whole lot in with the meat when making chilli (along with lots of fresh chillis ofc!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Are you looking for fresh jalapeños? If so either Moore st or the mixed punnets of chilis in aldi & supervalu

(my phone put in the wanky n automatically)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Sorry, really could have been a lot clearer, looking for sliced jalapenos in brine, tinned or in a jar. Not whole fresh ones. I don't mind what size really, once its not a large catering size, I like Jalapenos just not that much :D

srsly78 wrote: »
    Tesco do them, chopped up not whole tho. I throw the whole lot in with the meat when making chilli (along with lots of fresh chillis ofc!).

Actually, thats perfect, I thought the Old el Paso were pickled, but they are in brine. Perfect thanks.

• Advertisement

I get jars of brined jalapenos from my local middle eastern market on clanbrassil street for cheapsies, If you're anywhere near an Asian market it could be worth a gander

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Probably a better option. Feckin Tesco charge a fortune for a tiny jar.

Definitely, plus its a good excuse to spend an hour wandering around asia market. (As if I needed one!!). Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Actually, thats perfect, I thought the Old el Paso were pickled, but they are in brine. Perfect thanks.

Old el passo ones are really mushy and have no heat in them - avoid.

Come to think of it - if you're in the city centre and anywhere near Middle Abbey Street there's a Mexican place in the Epicurean Food Hall that sells lots of tinned Mexican food, it's where I always get my chipotles from, and I would say they'd be great for jalapenos. They're either Taco Taco with a new name over the opposite side of the Food Hall to where that was or a brand new place that opened up when Taco Taco closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

tesco do a jar of their own brand in brine. i prefer them than the el paso one, the other half doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Come to think of it - if you're in the city centre and anywhere near Middle Abbey Street there's a Mexican place in the Epicurean Food Hall that sells lots of tinned Mexican food, it's where I always get my chipotles from, and I would say they'd be great for jalapenos. They're either Taco Taco with a new name over the opposite side of the Food Hall to where that was or a brand new place that opened up when Taco Taco closed

It's called Saburritos these days, same guys.

Advertisement