Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky Tidy-up

Options
  • 29-08-2012 5:32pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    As you will have seen in most other forums, there was a decrease in stickies about six months ago. This will also apply here, we've been asked to have no more than four stickies. Personally, I think three stickies is enough, the eight that are there at moment is way too much as you can't even see the last edited thread when you open the forum.

My proposal is to keep the 2nd hand equipment thread and merge the all the other stickies together with the charter. I think it would need to be rewritten from scratch to be honest.

I think the who's who thread should be unstickied, I don't think the forum is busy enough for it to fall off the front page. Also the ISAA constitution, does it need a post? Would links to it be enough in the super-sticky? Getting started, does this need to be included? I think there's enough getting started threads being done not to need this in the super-sticky, I also think that this stops people from posting here. Field Archery sticky, I don't think this needs to be in the new super-sticky either. ISAA Intervarsity rules, could a couple of links in the new super-sticky do? Clubs and Colleges, would a post in the super-sticky be OK?

I would like your feedback on this, either way in about one month from now there will only be three stickys here. If some of you have ideas for a post in the new super-sticky and are prepared to write them, please let me know. In fact any ideas at all just let me know. I would like this forum to be up-to-date and I would like the forum regulars to make it so as I don't think it's fair that my name appears beside everything when it's you guys doing the contributions.

Thanks
    CH

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

A brief description of the different disciplines and styles maybe handy too?

Eg, disciplines,
    Field Archery
    Target/ Olympic Archery
    Traditional Archery

Eg, styles,
    Bowhunter Recurve/ Compound
    Freestyle Limited/ Unlimited Recurve/ Compound
    Barebow recurve/ Compound
    Traditional - American Flatbow/ Longbow/ Horsebow etc
    Historical Bow (As above, but made in the historical way, using only historical glues and lamination, sinew)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

The Clubs sticky needs some serious updating too. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

There could be a 'Reference' sub-forum with it's link as a sticky on the main board. It could take a lot of the current stickies.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've done a quick a tidy-up there now. For any additional info you guys would need to do the posts and I'll move them over as I did with Lardy's post containing useful links.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement