Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Postgrad my.tcd.ie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dr.Reid

The new system is really glitchy according to the three different people I spoke to. I can now add fees to the list of things that it has messed up

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭head_honcho

I'm a bit fed up at the minute, I know I'm not alone and it could be worse but it feels like it's taking up half my life at this stage :p:o The woman I talked to today said the same thing, it's a new system and things go wrong, which I can understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭silenceisfoo

I haven't heard nything about an email address. I can log into the my tcd page and I managed to pay the first installment. I assume that is all I have to do? Tried to register on the finance section and I just kept getting a message saying I was not eligible for free fees.
    Am I missing anything or do I proceed straight to go and collect the student card on the Monday?

I haven't heard nything about an email address. I can log into the my tcd page and I managed to pay the first installment. I assume that is all I have to do? Tried to register on the finance section and I just kept getting a message saying I was not eligible for free fees.
    Am I missing anything or do I proceed straight to go and collect the student card on the Monday?

I got the ineligible for free fees thing too, but nothing about an email address or that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 laBratsche

I paid my fees (for a taught Masters) by bank transfer a week or two ago as I didn't know about this my.tcd business, so all good on that front.

The 'Register' section is open for me, but it says that I have a 'Medical Clearance' requirement to complete. I don't have any medical issues and don't see what it would have to do with my course if I did. I'm guessing this is an internal thing and I can register once they've ticked that box? Or do I have to submit something? Not finding anything on the Orientation page and I would hope Trinity office staff get weekends off so I wouldn't hear back from them til next week. Has anyone else had to submit some kind of medical clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Neuman

laBratsche wrote: »
    I paid my fees (for a taught Masters) by bank transfer a week or two ago as I didn't know about this my.tcd business, so all good on that front.

The 'Register' section is open for me, but it says that I have a 'Medical Clearance' requirement to complete. I don't have any medical issues and don't see what it would have to do with my course if I did. I'm guessing this is an internal thing and I can register once they've ticked that box? Or do I have to submit something? Not finding anything on the Orientation page and I would hope Trinity office staff get weekends off so I wouldn't hear back from them til next week. Has anyone else had to submit some kind of medical clearance?

Hi,

I have the same problem... I just sent a enquire through mytcd.ie, I will share with you their response.

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭silenceisfoo

Finally managed to register! Received email address and everything straight after. I was sent an email telling me that I could register. Praise be to <enter name of deity> I have succeeded!

Finally managed to register! Received email address and everything straight after. I was sent an email telling me that I could register. Praise be to <enter name of deity> I have succeeded!

That's great news at last silenceisfoo! Still a problem with my fees so I'm still not able to register :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Neuman

laBratsche wrote: »

It seems like the problem has been resolved. Anyway, they replied me that they are aware of the "medical clearance problem" and they are working on it. They told me that I should wait 24h and try it again after that.

I hope this info will be helpful for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 laBratsche

The medical clearance problem was just a bug and I've registered now, hope everyone else is sorted too!

Sadly not yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Me neither. I've been on to the helpline 4 different times, speaking to three different people, and I've yet to get my fee invoice on my.tcd.ie. I was even talking to Ruth, who seems to be in charge over at the registry, and still no progress. They're gonna have to be very lenient with registration deadlines/fines. This is ridiculous.

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Me neither. I've been on to the helpline 4 different times, speaking to three different people, and I've yet to get my fee invoice on my.tcd.ie. I was even talking to Ruth, who seems to be in charge over at the registry, and still no progress. They're gonna have to be very lenient with registration deadlines/fines. This is ridiculous.

Problems with my fees invoice is what is holding my registration up. I really hope they are lenient too, was dreading getting a late registration fine on top of everything else! I don't think I'm going to be registered this week at this rate :rolleyes:

Advertisement