Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Cooking Log

Options
  • 29-08-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am a 20 year old from Cork currently working in a top restaurant in Berlin as a chef. I cook a new meal almost every night I'm at home so though I might start a log to share some of my "secrets" with you all.

I will post a new recipe every 1-2 days and hopefully we can all share some tips etc in here :)

Also, if you have any questions I would love to help out.

Cheers.

Will post up something either tonight or in the morning with pics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Sounds like a great idea. Could you describe the equipment that a top restaurant kitchen uses? Do you have waterbaths, vacuum chambers, pacojets, thermomix? I'd be interested in what equipment there is and how it's used in a professional kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Waiting in anticipation for first pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Will have pics up tomorrow, early of my homemade dinner tonight.

New Zealand Beef Burgers with a sauted onion sauce. Was Yum.

Minder wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea. Could you describe the equipment that a top restaurant kitchen uses? Do you have waterbaths, vacuum chambers, pacojets, thermomix? I'd be interested in what equipment there is and how it's used in a professional kitchen?
    We have Thermomix, Two of them and of course Waterbaths :) You cant make a good cheesecake without a waterbath IMO.

I can list out everything we have in the kitchen if you like? The Head Chef however is very old school, in the sense that its down to us (the team) to make the best food possible. The only equipment we need is ourselves in his opinion.

Its all pretty basic stuff but yes we have some fancy gadgets all the same.

I can possibly sneak a picture of the kitchen tomorrow night. Cheers for the questions.

Happy to answer more tomorrow. My eyes are half closed typing this so proper answers tomorrow :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Will have pics up tomorrow, early of my homemade dinner tonight.

New Zealand Beef Burgers with a sauted onion sauce. Was Yum.

Why not use local beef?

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Why not use local beef?
    Its Wednesday night. I fancied a bit of New Zealand ground beef. Amazing flavor. Imported into a market here in a store called Kadewe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Without hogging the thread, I'd be interested in any offerings you may have that require a thermomix or a waterbath. If you could include an occasional recipe or tip for either these pieces of kit, I'd be grateful.

Advertisement