Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financing Nursing in UK

Options
  • 29-08-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I am thinking of doing nursing in UK next year and would love to hear from anyone who themselves or know someone who knows someone etc that has done nursing in UK to tell me how it was, is it really 47 weeks a year and above all how did you finance this, are part time jobs available in nursing homes etc? Did you get a bursary? Be greatful for all answers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

My daughter did her nursing in the UK, there were no fees, she did not get the bursary as you have to be living in the UK for 3 years before the course starts.
    yes you can get part time work but it might not be enough to live one. If you are entitled to a grand here it will be sent to the UK to you. I mostly supported my daughter while she was at university in the UK, yes it is 47 weeks a year course.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mikeoh

My daughter thinking of applying to uk for nursing ,she has already completed a 2 year cert. course in an I.T here will she have to pay course fees or will she get it paid what is the first step she needs to take to start her application .Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

There are no fees for nursing courses in the UK at the moment. The first step is to apply through UCAS. Any of the colleges she is thinking of applying to will talk to her and she could go over for their open days. Nursing student do not get paid and only student who have lived in the UK 3 years before the course starts will get a bursary.

Advertisement