Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Dublin Airport accommodation!

Options
  • 29-08-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi guys, working for an airline and moving to Dub. Need to find accommodation near the airport that has good public transport links? Any suggestions welcome as I'm not too familiar with the surrounding areas. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Drumcondra, Swords and Santry would be good options all on routes from Airport to City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Depending on when you shifts start, it may be best to be on the Dublin side of the airport, as there'll be earlier buses heading out towards the airport, and more of them, as opposed to one or two buses heading back into Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cabincrewifly

Thanks guys, will starting looking online and see what's about. Will be moving in Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

make sure you get somewhere that is only one bus trip to the airport and has a frequent enough route that serves it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

There's quite a lot of airline/airport staff in Northwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

If Yiu ve a car for the commute to work & just want somewhere on a bus route for town then Malahide & Kinsealy are in that area too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Santry/Swords/Blanchardstown (Blanchardstown has the UrBus that goes to the airport, passes through Castleknock, Blanchardstown Centre, Castlecurragh and Tyrellstown)

January wrote: »
    Santry/Swords/Blanchardstown (Blanchardstown has the UrBus that goes to the airport, passes through Castleknock, Blanchardstown Centre, Castlecurragh and Tyrellstown)

Isn't that bus a couple of quid to use each way thou?

Isn't that bus a couple of quid to use each way thou?

It's more expensive than Dublin Bus. Ten journeys Castleknock - Dublin Airport costs €33.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cabincrewifly

Thanks to everyone for the replies!! One more question? If I leave Cork at 6AM, how long would it take to drive non stop to Dublin Airport?

• Advertisement

That's like one ofthose questions you'd get in maths in school with the two men in a boat with a hole in the boat & the tide coming in.... How long will it take them to sink if Man A is twenty stone & Man B is fifteen stone !

Nearly 3 hours according to google maps, but keep in mind you'll probably hit the m50 right at rush hour so could be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shoe addict

Hi,

I have a large double room in Donneycarney (close to Nr 16 bus route to the Airport) which will be available in October. PM me if you're interested in more details. Otherwise good luck with your search!

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sadiecs

Hi I also have a Double/Ensuite room available,
    One bus journey to Airport
    Prob max 5 -10 minutes on bus
    PM me if you want more info

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement