Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip Piercing...

Options
  • 29-08-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I can't even imagine how many times this same thing has been posted on here but gonna ask anyways...

I got my lip piercing there a few days ago and am just wondering how long does it take for the swelling to go down?? The bar in it is kinda small aaaand I have braces so I can't imagine these two factors are helping it really :-/ I've been keeping it clean and tryin not to move my mouth too much coz its sore to do so!

Any advice would be appreciated! :-D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Is it a labret or a side piercing? You could try taking some neurophen if it's very sore or swollen and keep at it with the soaks. When I got mine done the swelling was gone completely in a week to 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

It's at the side of my lip! I've been taking nurofen for the swelling and pain every morning because when I wake up it's the sorest! Must be talking in my sleep or something lol

Thanks anyways! Hoping it will go down in the next few days... It feels kind of hard at the back of my lip but I'm just putting that down to it healing up... Is it normal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

Yeah that's fairly normal. Use ice to help take down the swelling. You mentioned that it's sorest in the morning, some people have a habit of chewing in their sleep which can annoy any oral piercing. It's something a lot of people do without ever noticing it so there's not a lot you can do apart from the neurofen and ice. It'll go down in time. :)

Thanks very much for the reply! The swelling has gone down but only a little... Just the back of the piercing is sore now because the back of the bar is digging in to the back of my lip... I am worried my lip will close around it so keep making sure it can still pop out of the hole. Really think the bar might have been a bit too small!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

It sounds like it's a bit tight to be honest. Try not to interfere with it too much though. If you are worried call into a studio and ask they're advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 whatUsaying?

Where did you get it pierced just out of curiosity?

Got it done in Dublin Ink! It's where I got my nape and scaffold done too.... Those two were grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 whatUsaying?

I've only be pierced in Wildcat at Jervis and had no problems with them. I might try Dublin Ink next time though, they're prices are a bit more competitive. (and I'm sure everything is clean and they're professional before the "don't pay less for piercings" comment comes) :)

It's a great place to go I think... Always tell my friends to go in! It's just me being a big worrier about my lip that I came on here lol! The swelling has defo gone down and it's just my braces that are irritating the back slightly!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Does the back still feel like it's 'digging in' to your lip? It is possible to get a little bit of the skin on the inside of the lip grow over the back of the piercing as the body tries to heal it, especially if it's particularly flush. I think people generally can get around that by dissolving a nurofen on it. (I could be wrong on that, but I think it's nurofen!)

• Advertisement

Hmmm... I might try that! Yea it is digging in and still have to make sure I can pop it back out... But its getting better... And as I said, the braces are no help lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ah, did a search, it's panadol that's recommended for that! :D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54109570
    (Also, hello stranger!)

If it doesnt get any better then I am gonna go in to Dublin Ink and see if they will change it or anything like that! Hey straight back at ya! :-D

Advertisement