Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA

Options
  • 29-08-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I have just signed on for J B for the first time. I am also applying for BTEA as I am starting College on 10/8/12. I was told that JB claim must be assessed before they can look at BTEA. If I am successful for BTEA, will it be backdated to the date I start College. Anyone Know????:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Deeol

As far as I know, if you've applied before you start college it will be back dated from the day you started college. I did a plc course last year and was on back to education.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

kapa wrote: »
    I have just signed on for J B for the first time. I am also applying for BTEA as I am starting College on 10/8/12. I was told that JB claim must be assessed before they can look at BTEA. If I am successful for BTEA, will it be backdated to the date I start College. Anyone Know????:confused:

You need to be claiming JSA/JSB for 3months if you doing 2nd level or 9months for 3rd level to be eligible for BTEA... i missed out last year by 6days

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kapa

I got statutory redundancy, so there is no waiting period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/BackToEducation/Pages/btea.aspx

hope this helps, applying myself tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

ah ok well then it will be backdated up till the day you applied, you might get a bit less for the first few weeks as BTEA is paid at the full rate where with JSB can be varied rates depending on your situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kapa

Thanks guys, thats really helpful

Advertisement