Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I did something to my bike thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Jaysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

You use a turbo trainer by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OldBean wrote: »
    Jaysis.

Yup 'Jaysis' was close to what I was thinking too. I'm not sure how the rest of the country faired in terms of road salting but Dublin was certainly heavily salted this winter so its worth checking all those nooks and krannys sometime.

***disclaimer, I'm not bitching about the salting, bring it on I say. Just making people aware of how invasive and corrosive salt/salt water can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Since btw 2 won't be happening I've been playing w. Commutourer again. Trying to get a less transit van-like experience out of her.
    20150305_191933.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Off work with severe man flu for the last few days I decided it was time to get the new bike sorted. New RD, rear cassette, tyres, seatpost, saddle, wireless stuff, pie plate removal, attach pedals etc.

n6am9j.jpg

My owner got in the way.

1xxchw.jpg

It wasn't happy with my Di2 credentials (and rightly so)

29wlcnd.jpg

Complicated stuff to a newbie, tbh.

Sort of ended up with the following, minus the working wireless doohicky

vfz3md.jpg

Next upgrade, a new kitchen to come close to other people in this thread :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Love those AL SLXs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

My bike won't even fit in my kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Love the cat in the box.

The cat looks sad beside the P.C. Can't find the mouse ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Idleater wrote: »
    Love the cat in the box.

Bleedin' thing loves boxes, especially "new" ones.
    The cat looks sad beside the P.C. Can't find the mouse ???

She is never happy. Most useless cat ever. Won't even sit on anyones lap, never mind mine. I'd get more affection from a brick.

Anyways...

Currently trying to figure out this D-Fly mess. Turns out the old Ui2 10s got updated to eTube 2.6 during a service last year, which meant no adding an 11s RD (You could add an 11s RD prior to 2.6.)

The D-Fly works OK with it though and the Garmin can pick it/them up.

Updated the new bike with Ui2 11s to version 2.5 which includes the update for the whole D-Fly stuff but the Garmin won't pick it/them up.

Had a Genius moment and realised I could swap the battery mounts on both bikes (as they are the "brains" with the firmware "editions") and now the old 10s can have an 11s RD added, which is a result. Take that!, Shimano!

Neither bike is transmitting to the Garmin now though :(

Two hours worth of googlin' and reading tosh has provided no answers.

I've a funny feeling this has to do with having both D-Fly sensors on the Garmin and then "removing" them, rather than the Ui2 systems.

So that's what I'm doing with my bikes, on a Friday night.

While having beer.

Something is going to get kicked, really, really hard... soon.

It won't be the cat though.

I can't help but love the ungrateful little bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Didn't look at the weather forecast so was pleasantly surprised by the first real spring day today. The commuter got a shampoo to get the winter grime off, the drive train was degreased and oiled and the brake blocks realigned while it all dried in the sun.
    There's nearly nothing better than a quiet running bike with all the bits gleaming in the daylight...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Same as above, both bikes out in the garden, degreased, washed throughly, dried and lubed. Took the studded tyres off the hybrid and replaced them with the summer tyres. Felt almost like a summers day, though very blowy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Something is going to get kicked, really, really hard... soon.

Kick the toughbook, it can take it. Nice PC BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Another set of BB30 bearings just installed...

16628484399_2456866f31_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Picked up a TCR advanced on done deal on Thursday. Absolutely spotless and must have only been ridden a handful of times. Upgraded the brakes to the new 5700 105 (it had silver tektro :( ) and put a standard ultegra crankset on

Already it looks great. Next up some decent wheels. Must get a few pics up

I did it, I dropped hints for a Brooks B17 for my birthday and surprise, surprise look what arrived :D

342041.jpg

342042.jpg

Just done the fitting now, the break in process starts tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

whacker00 wrote: »
    Picked up a TCR advanced on done deal on Thursday. Absolutely spotless and must have only been ridden a handful of times. Upgraded the brakes to the new 5700 105 (it had silver tektro :( ) and put a standard ultegra crankset on

Already it looks great. Next up some decent wheels. Must get a few pics up

[IMG][/img]16822109675_bd805e2e39.jpgNew rothar by aarong30, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I did it, I dropped hints for a Brooks B17 for my birthday.

Picked up a new Lidl stand also by the looks of things. A great bit of kit for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Put a Velomann touch computer on my Rose Pro. Pain in the hole to set up and the touch function seems to be very patchy. Frankly its a bollix of a thing, only for it was a gift I'd **** it in the bin. Thinking the battery that came with it might be weak and thus affecting the touch function. If it isn't then I'll probably disappear it on the sly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

enjoy it. I wouldn't change mine now is broken in. I also have a yellow r1100s. You'll find the brooks saddle will be as comfortable as the bikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Last weekend it was the rear dérailleur cable. Also new brake pads. Today I fitted a set of conti gatorskins after a few grand prixs suffered side wall blow outs.

Realised the bottom bracket has play on it so that's the next on the list. Oh and those front chain rings might get swapped as well - lost track of the miles on em

I also have a yellow r1100s.

I hope you're having better luck with yours than I've had with this piece of German engineered sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I did it, I dropped hints for a Brooks B17 for my birthday and surprise, surprise look what arrived :D

Well wear, just an fyi, when I had mine I was sliding off the nose of it for ages, thinking this was a 'break-in' problem I persevered. However I ended up tilting it way beyond horizontal, and on googling this I found this was a very common adjustment. Just fyi

Luxman wrote: »
    Well wear, just an fyi, when I had mine I was sliding off the nose of it for ages, thinking this was a 'break-in' problem I persevered. However I ended up tilting it way beyond horizontal, and on googling this I found this was a very common adjustment. Just fyi

Would you believe it, and I know you will now but after cycling it less then a few hundred meters I'd done the same!.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Would you believe it, and I know you will now but after cycling it less then a few hundred meters I'd done the same!.
    It is a very comfy seat though

Luxman wrote: »
    It is a very comfy seat though

Hopefully, but I've a well padded arse so I should be fine for awhile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Chain, cassette and chain rings replaced today. Chain had 8k, rings about 17k and cassette about 30k. Also removed pedals and seat post and regreased the lot. Glad I did as the left pedal was very difficult and the seat post was stuck. Another few months, I'm not sure how I'd have moved them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

New set of Zondas. The group is Shimano. Hmm...

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2015_03_18_15_27_42_zpsiswom5fx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

It's possible, that the bike will reject those wheels.
    OTOH, I matched Zondas with a Sram group set, and so far all is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,063 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

New set of Zondas. The group is Shimano. Hmm...
    It looks like the front QR is trying to get as far away from the groupset clash as possible. :pac:

Advertisement