Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I did something to my bike thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

I used an old TV bracket that I had lying around before I got a stand from Lidl . I attached it to the wall beside the external tap , very handy when cleaning the bike.

http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4839

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

jon1981 wrote: »
    I'm on my 3rd chain and same cassette. Previous 2 chains replaced at about 2.5-3k km using the chain wear tool so changed at the .75 mark ... Don't see the point on the added expense of changing the cassette and no obvious signs of wear either.

Same here. I usually keep a new cassette in stock and keep changing chains until a new one starts to jump. At that point I fit the new cassette and then buy another for stock.

I used an old TV bracket that I had lying around before I got a stand from Lidl . I attached it to the wall beside the external tap , very handy when cleaning the bike.

http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4839

So how did you mount the Vesa adaptor to the bike?... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

cdaly_ wrote: »
    So how did you mount the Vesa adaptor to the bike?... ;)

Garage hooks , like below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UTILITY-UNIVERSAL-GARDEN-SHED-GARAGE-HOOKS-TOOLS-BICYCLES-LADDERS-WORKSHOP-/131220252065

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

iwillhtfu wrote: »

That's not bad at all actually. I had intended on making my own for fun as much as anything else but flip it I'll just buy that

That's not bad at all actually. I had intended on making my own for fun as much as anything else but flip it I'll just buy that

This looks kinda cool.
    51KdG-2RoqL._SL1000_.jpg41c4REzS8DL._SX450_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I've one of those, got it from Harrybelfonte a while ago and find it great.

If I was allowed more bikes, I'd be able stack them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Tyres touch wall....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

For it to be allowed in the Kitchen I'd need a non wall touching non hole drilling solution :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Some interesting ideas here:

https://www.etsy.com/ie/search?q=bike%20wall%20mount&ref=auto9

Some are a bit expensive, others doable as a DIY project.

The type of walls you have are important.

Alek wrote: »
    Tyres touch wall....

It's actually not that bad. Most of the contact is with the sidewall, rather than the rolling surface, and any time it's gotten noticeable, a quick wash of the wall and it's gone.

• Advertisement

Unless you've been practicing CX... :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Tyres touch wall....

Maybe a rectangle on contact (the clear acetate like stuff used to cover books with) on the tyre-touching bit of wall? That way no marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Replaced 130mm stem for a 90mm one on the Vitus. Re-positioned levers and put on some new leather bar tape. Nearly ready for the Nissan classic.

That's a huge change! Back problems or other reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

That's a huge change! Back problems or other reasons?

Previous owners setup. Just changing things to suit my position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Tyres touch wall....
    OldBean wrote: »
    It's actually not that bad. Most of the contact is with the sidewall, rather than the rolling surface, and any time it's gotten noticeable, a quick wash of the wall and it's gone.

As Alek pointed out OP was looking for a service bracket not a wall hanger. :)

Dropped my main steed into my new LBS, LittleBike in Stoneybatter. Had my second ride in there a while back for some pretty simple changes as have a few friends, but needed a full run down on my main.

I reckon it's running better than I've ever had it going, Paddy, the guy in there not only reindexed the gears, but realised part of the problem was the way they'd been routed initially was going to cause friction eventually, and it's been a while.

Reindexed, rerouted, cleaned down, cassette and chain removed and cleaned, new cables, chain shortened and brake pads replaced for 60 quid.

As enjoyable as it is doing it myself, that's pretty amazing value.

iwillhtfu wrote: »

I'm waiting on this to arrive, I'll report back on how good/bad it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Today I had a Retul bike fit. Bars were pretty much bang on but the saddle was 20mm too low and too far back. Cleats were a bit off too.
    Won't get a chance to try out the new fit until Sunday. Roll on the weekend and massive improvement ;)

• Advertisement

but the saddle was 20mm too low and too far back.

If your knees were fine with the seat 20mm too low, they will not be fine 20mm higher... at least for some time. 2cm is a lot.

Just sayin' - try the new position slowly. Don't go Kippure thrice or something, as usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

20150911_205839.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Today I screwed up the indexing of my gears. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Finally put my new rear wheel & casette on and my bike now doesnt look fuped up with 2 odd wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Started stripping my boardman down for a repaint. Rear mech is knackered and need new wheels and as the finish on the frame is a total mess, I've decided to tart the whole thing up, and get some bike mechanics practice... Could end in tears though

Slammed the stem on the Badger (3cm down) and reduced stem length (20mm) to simulate the new road bike I am about to pull the trigger on.

362166.jpg

Still not there yet, but should give me similar position - if I won't get used to it within a week, will order Rose SL3000 as the headtube is 3cm higher and you can order the bike with custom amount of spacers. Radons come as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Slammed the stem on the Badger (3cm down) and reduced stem length (20mm) to simulate the new road bike I am about to pull the trigger on.

362166.jpg

Still not there yet, but should give me similar position - if I won't get used to it within a week, will order Rose SL3000 as the headtube is 3cm higher and you can order the bike with custom amount of spacers. Radons come as they are.

Those poor polar bear cubs. Slain and for what? To be draped on the stairs!

As above I said I'd report back. The wall mount is actually pretty decent, I made the holes bigger for beefier rawl plugs if I was ever trying to undo something extra tight I'll be confident enough to swing out of it
    laYhHy0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 A Jeffers

Stripped my vintage bike to the bare metal. Waiting for the paint to dry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

'Today' was an easy job - final assembly of vintage titanium cassette, tube and tyre onto a newly built old rim for the retro MTB rebuild project...

SdpqOXj.jpg

(Should I have lined up the valve with the brand name?...)

Advertisement