Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Agreement??

Options
  • 29-08-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know how I would go about getting a maintenance agreement, without issuing a summons for a maintenance order.

My child's father pays his maintenance to me every week without fail into my hand but for various reasons (form filling etc.) I need something in writing, like an affidavit to say how much he gives me every week.

Can I just go to a solicitor with him and have this drawn up or do we need to go to court which is what we've always wanted to avoid. And if I can do that, how much will it cost me??

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

ZoZo wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I would go about getting a maintenance agreement, without issuing a summons for a maintenance order.

My child's father pays his maintenance to me every week without fail into my hand but for various reasons (form filling etc.) I need something in writing, like an affidavit to say how much he gives me every week.

Can I just go to a solicitor with him and have this drawn up or do we need to go to court which is what we've always wanted to avoid. And if I can do that, how much will it cost me??

Thanks for any help

From Treoir:
    Where parents enter into an agreement in writing for maintenance either parent may make an application to Court for an order to make the agreement a Rule of Court. The Court may make an order if it is satisfied that the agreement is fair and reasonable and adequately protects the interests of the child. The agreement then has the same standing as a Court order. If a Rule of Court is broken it has the same penalties as if it was a court order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smack86

I've just been into Dolphin House in Temple Bar today to organise a court date for a maintenance agreement. The clerk advised me that if myself and baby's father agree on a payment, we must still attend and advise the judge on the day that we have agreed and then it will be drawn up by him legally. I have been to a solicitor as we are not on talking terms and for her and the court it is costing me €500 (district court)

Advertisement