Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ban on election poster's

• 29-08-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Has this been brought into force yet?
    The way i see it there should be one leaflet per candidate which is sent once only to each household...
    I consider these posters litter aswell as a road distraction/hazard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How would we ever decide who to vote for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    How would we ever decide who to vote for?
    I doubt if I have ever been swayed one way or another by the thousands of posters of mugging candidates and their trite slogans littering the the country. If I have, it would be against a candidate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

They should ban them. Their wretched faces are offensive to my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You'd give the likes of this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

And what about the printing industry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

And I don't see how we could live in a world without the likes of this.

Who's going to stop them without posters to tell people!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I am not for this, I am for greater controls of it. They do supply a boost to the beleaguered local printing industry and therefore some well paying jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

unfortunately it's unlikely to happen, as the government parties have the most money to spend on posters to give them an advantage over small parties/inds.
    as they say it's like getting turkeys to vote for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

ban misplaced apostraphe's?

also, is there an election happening that i was unaware of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

I once almost lost control of my car when I skidded on a giant wet poster of Mary Harney, so I somewhat agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Why one leaflet per candidate? A single booklet could give each candidate 1 page, with the polling card on the back page.
    unfortunately it's unlikely to happen, as the government parties have the most money to spend on posters to give them an advantage over small parties/inds.

Not only that, but state funding is given to parties based on how many seats they have - as if Man City got 10 points to start off the Premier League season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Archeron wrote: »
    I once almost lost control of my car when I skidded on a giant wet poster of Mary Harney, so I somewhat agree.

Giant poster:D

Advertisement