Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Doyler99 wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that HD7950>GTX660ti, so I'd personally change that. When the HD7950 is overclocked it beats the 660ti easily at 1080p with high IQ, and can beat the GTX670 at 1440p.

The HD7950 is €15 cheaper (€298?) if you want an ASUS DCII V2, which is a good choice due to the updated design. Otherwise, you can pick up a Sapphire Dual-X HD7950 (HD7970 components, PCB) for €315.

Get the Thermalright True Spirit CPU cooler instead.

I'd also change the PSU to a super flower amazon 550 watt (650 if CF/SLI), and the Motherboard to a Z77 pro3, or Extreme4 if overclocking.

EDIT: [H] did a great article on OC'd HD7950 vs a 3GB 660ti (Galaxy SC, the really high end model) and a GTX670 DCII TOP (The one W1zz at TPU gave 10/10) and guess what? The HD7950 (surprisingly) beat both of the cards at 1080p on BF3.

1345736700tJwmf64Bk6_3_1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Nice, Sweet comparison graph, Hmm yea I've been debating between the 660ti and the 7950 for a while, only reason I picked the 660ti was it seemed pretty even but had all of nVidia's bonus's but I guess the 7950 does edge it out!

The Thermalright True Spirit CPU is sold out on HwEA and no estimate date :( Any other recommendations for CPU fan?

I really wanna stick with a modular PSU just for the handiness and neatness :o

The extreme4 is a tad bit expensive tho! The Z77 pro3 is v. nice tho!
    Might switch to that then, everyone was always telling me that ASUS best for OC :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Doyler99 wrote: »
    Nice, Sweet comparison graph, Hmm yea I've been debating between the 660ti and the 7950 for a while, only reason I picked the 660ti was it seemed pretty even but had all of nVidia's bonus's but I guess the 7950 does edge it out!

The Thermalright True Spirit CPU is sold out on HwEA and no estimate date :( Any other recommendations for CPU fan?

I really wanna stick with a modular PSU just for the handiness and neatness :o

The extreme4 is a tad bit expensive tho! The Z77 pro3 is v. nice tho!
    Might switch to that then, everyone was always telling me that ASUS best for OC :S

You could get the Thermalright Macho, or the Arctic i30.

I just think the PSU is very expensive for what you're getting, maybe the BeQuiet 630w? It's modular and cheaper.

Advertisement