Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

induction dt557

Options
  • 29-08-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

I cannot for the life of me find any info on the dit website as to the induction day for dt 557 (international business and spanish) i was told the 13th of september but i have no idea, all help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Hi ya

It is online

click on the web http://dit.ie/registration/inductionscheduleseptember2012

Click on the College of Arts & Tourism and you will see it there

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

thanking you kindly, tuesday AND wednesday! 12th and 13th thought it would have been in the business section.

DT557 is part of the School of Languages which is under the College of Arts of Tourism. The School itself is actually based in DIT Kevin Street but the College runs programmes on nearly all DIT sites. Sounds a bit complicated but you will learn more at induction etc.

Make sure that you look at the ID Card collection dates aswell

Hope you have registered too.

Have a look at timetables aswell as they may be there too

thanks, alot really good info as for timetables i fear it may all be useless until I get my bearings within the different campus.

dont be afraid - college is meant to be fun. It is exciting really :)

Everyone will be in the same boat. At induction you will meet lots of people and find out loads.

I had a quick look at your timetable online and it seems that you will be generally based in Aungier Street and Kevin Street. As you probably know they are just across the road.

Wait for induction and enjoy

• Advertisement

sound man, ah im looking forward to it just as a mature student 23 a bit nervous. but i do intend on diving in the deep end sink or swim kinda thing, intending joining rugby asap looking forward to looking at this infamous grangegorman site (presume its currently just a field)

you go to dit? what course?

I dont go there but I know a lot about it (ahem - trying to stay anon) and I would know how the place works. From what I know the School is very good with some good Lecturers. Grangegorman is not actually a field. There are a lot of admin and other staff offices up there and there are some playing fields. Some events are held there - eg some inductions for International students etc. Anyone can actually go in and look around (you probably wont be able to get into the buildings).

The main thing is to make the effort, join in and if you are not happy or having problems/concerns talk to someone. A lot of students these days are older aswell.

Again you will find out a lot more at induction/collecting your ID card. If you are in Dublin and you are free why not wander in and have a walk around DIT Aungier Street or DIT Kevin Street if you are not familiar with them.

Advertisement